Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can you allow Spotify Premium Student accounts to upload songs to blends?

Can you allow Spotify Premium Student accounts to upload songs to blends?

As a Premium Student, you can create or join a blend playlist, but it won't upload songs from your profile to the playlist with another person.
12 Replies

Hey there!

Premium Student should have the exact same functionalities as Premium Individual but for a discounted price.

I believe the issue lies in the fact that Blends are actually auto-generated and update themselves in time. What you're probably looking for are Collaborative playlists 🙂
Hope this helps!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

There must be a bug, then. Only one person is getting generated songs in the blends! 😞

Hi there @AngelGloGlo,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you send us a screenshot of how the Blend playlist looks on your end, so we can look into this further? The playlist should feature a mix of songs from both members. Note that the mix might not always be 50/50, as some songs might be overlapping.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Here's a link to the screenshots for a blend I'm part of!

https://imgur.com/a/01iVu8p

Hi there @AngelGloGlo 

Thanks for the screenshot.

It's pretty strange that only one user is listed on all the songs.

Could you try leaving this Blend and creating a new one with your friend, to check if you get the same result.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

This is happening to me, too. I have a Premium Student membership and when I joined a group's Blended Playlist, only one song of mine appeared. I left and rejoined - same issue. Then, I created my own Blended Playlist with one other person and again only one song of mine appears on the playlist. Is this because I'm a student?

We actually did that! The screenshots were from the second blend playlist we made together.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far. 

Would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account in your phones to see if they can replicate this with their account?

On another note, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your devices?

Lastly, just to confirm, is this happening with every Blend you create or does it only happen with some specific users?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I have an iPhone12 using iOS Version 16.3.1 and Spotify Version 8.8.8.688

This has happened with everyone I try to make a Blend playlist with.

Hey @valeribanana,

Thanks for getting back to us and for the info you've provided.

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

It's also worth mentioning that Blend is dependent on the algorithm. The playlist will update itself eventually, but that might not happen on a daily basis for everyone as there are multiple factors at play. Additionally, you might need to consider that you and your partner's music preferences might differ.  If you and your blend buddy have a completely different music tastes - Spotify may have trouble finding songs that you both like.

We'd recommend that you continue listening as you normally do and check if the playlist will update.  It'd be great if you can also try expand your music library by following more artists. That way you'll give the algorithm a boost. Keep in mind that it might take up to a couple of weeks for the changes to take effect.

Lastly, its noteworthy to mention that the type of subscription you currently have is not among the factors that affect Blend playlist.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator

DONE - First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

WE HAVE A 65% MATCH – Additionally, you might need to consider that you and your partner's music preferences might differ.  If you and your blend buddy have a completely different music tastes - Spotify may have trouble finding songs that you both like.

DO I NEED TO "FOLLOW" ARTISTS IN ORDER FOR THE BLEND PLAYLIST TO WORK? I DON'T LIKE TO FOLLOW ARTISTS, ONLY FRIENDS. – It'd be great if you can also try expand your music library by following more artists.

???

Suggested posts