Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I was charged with a regular account even though I have a student account

I was charged with a regular account even though I have a student account

Hello, I am contacting you because even though my student status was confirmed in July, today I realized that I was charged in August and September, as if I had the Individual + Hulu account, although I never changed it. Was it a mistake?

3 Replies

Hey @jessicacolon2207,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!
The Student discount expires after 12 months of use and requires renewal.

Activating your Student Discount does not immediately subscribe you to Premium Student if your account had reverted to Premium Individual. The change to Student needs to be done after the renewal.
This is most likely the reason why you were charged more, although we cannot confirm it, as we don't have access to your accounts from the Community.
For more info and for further investigation purposes, check the FAQ article here 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The same happened to me.

In October I noticed that I've been charged as Regular and not Student. So I changed it back to student, checked it twice and let it be. Now in November I've been charged as Regular too. I am 100 % sure that I changed my subscription to Student.

It would be great if at least some notification came few days before the charge, that my subscription have been changed automatically, so I can check how much I will be charged.

Hey @masekvit,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Keep in mind that once a student discount runs out, you go back to paying the standard monthly price as stated in the terms and conditions of the discount. That's why the change is automatic.

Let us add some additional insights: we send you an email to let you know when your discount is about to end, so we encourage you to check your junk/spam folder or that you don't have our emails blocked.

If you'd like further info, the best way to go would be to get in touch with our Customer Support team, so they can help you check your account more thoroughly. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts