Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Issue with Student Premium Subscription as a Master's Student

Issue with Student Premium Subscription as a Master's Student

Plan

Premium Student

Country

Kazakhstan

Device

IPhone 12

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify Support,

I have been using the Spotify Premium for Students plan for the past four years, but I recently received a notification that this subscription will be no longer available to me, even though I am still a student.

I have now transitioned to a master's program, but it seems that I am unable to renew or continue with the student discount. Could you please clarify if Spotify Premium for Students is available for master's students? If it is, how can I re-verify my student status? I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your time and support.

1 Reply

Hey @Altonai ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to clarify how the Premium for Students work. Basically you can use this type of discounted subscription plan only for a period of four years while also having an approved student status. This means that if you are continuing your studies in a Master program you're still keeping your student status. However, if you've already used the discount for about 4 years during you previous study, then that is why it won't be possible to use it anymore.  

Here you can find more info on how the Premium Student works.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you. 

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts