Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No PayPal Option for students discount?

Solved!

No PayPal Option for students discount?

Hello,

I am a student in Austria and wanted to upgrade my Account with the student discount, but when I am in the menu how I want to pay, there is no PayPal. When I don't choose the student dicounted upgrade there is a PayPal-option so I thought this should work as well. Don't have a credit card at the moment and do not want to get one just to get spotify premium. Would break the deal for me which is pretty sad. Found some old topics to this problem but can't really believe this still is not solved. Any suggestions?

Greets P

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Puddlinger and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Unfortunately, Paypal is still an unavailable method for the student discount at this time. To be on the student discount plan you would need to use an accepted credit card to pay or remain on the regular premium plan to use Paypal.
I've copied over Spotify's FAQ on payments below.
Have a great day and I wish I had a more satisfactory answer for you!

Check the payment methods available in your country by clicking Subscription in the menu on the left of your account page.

Note: It’s currently not possible to pay for the student discount with PayPal or with a Spotify gift card.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @Puddlinger and welcome to the Community! 🙂

Unfortunately, Paypal is still an unavailable method for the student discount at this time. To be on the student discount plan you would need to use an accepted credit card to pay or remain on the regular premium plan to use Paypal.
I've copied over Spotify's FAQ on payments below.
Have a great day and I wish I had a more satisfactory answer for you!

Check the payment methods available in your country by clicking Subscription in the menu on the left of your account page.

Note: It’s currently not possible to pay for the student discount with PayPal or with a Spotify gift card.

While the question has been answered, I just want to add something that might be beneficial.

I don't know what your bank in Austria offers, but here in Belgium you can opt for a Prepaid Creditcard which is primarily catered to young people under 18. It's card that works just like a regular creditcard, but you'll have to load money on it by transferring it from your bank account to your card. This gives you full control over how much you spend with your Creditcard without any repercussions.

Good point, @kareem_klas!

That might be a viable work-around. Thanks for the additional input. 🙂

Suggested posts