NEXT STEP

Student Premium payment keeps failing

Student Premium payment keeps failing

Plan

Student Premium

Country

Pakistan 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My automatic monthly payment for student premium failed a few days ago, I had a similar issue last month which was solved by updating my payment method. However, that's not working anymore and I keep getting hit by "The payment failed. Please try again, use a different payment card or a different payment method."

I've been trying for a few days, I'm worried I'll lose my subscription. There's no issue from the bank side.

3 Replies

Hey there @A6du1

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

We're sorry to know that you've been having issues with your payment method. 

No worries, usually when payments fail, our system tries to keep taking the payment in the upcoming days. However, we suggest that you take a look at this article to see the possible reasons why this can happen. 

Also, keep in mind that if your account reverts to the free service you won't lose your content, you'd only need to re-download your tunes when you're on Premium again.

If you're keep getting an error, you can also try using a different payment method to see if that makes the difference. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey, so my subscription has 'paused' now as the app hasn't been able to complete the payment. I took a look at that article, I tried changing payment methods, got the same error. I think this specific debit card or account has been flagged or something, which sucks because it's the only one I have access to at the moment as I'm traveling. . . I'm considering deleting my spotify account and trying again, but I have a feeling this card will still be rejected. 

I read on reddit a similar case from a few years ago, it turned out their card got flagged when the payment failed the first time, but spotify was able to manually fix it. Hopefully that's the case here too? 

Hey @A6du1

Thanks for your reply. 

Keep in mind that if you're currently abroad, you might have some issues when trying to re-subscribe. 

However, if you're in the same country which your account is registered in, we suggest that you try again here while using an incognito window and a different device. It's also worth trying with a different internet connection. 

If the issue persist afterwards, we'd recommend reaching out to your bank/card provider to check if everything's fine on their end. 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts