Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount for NUS card but not UNIDAYS

Student discount for NUS card but not UNIDAYS

Hi there,

I've got an NUS extra discount card but don't have UNIDAYS, is there a way I can still access student discount on Spotify? There doesn't seem to be anywhere where I can just write down the card number and it'll give a discount? I'm a student but not with a university which is why I don't have UNIDAYS. Help!

Thanks

9 Replies

I have the same problem. The Spotify terms say either Unidays or NUS are accepted but no way to use NUS. 

I have the same issue. Please can someone from Spotify respond?

Heya,

Same problem here. Seems Spotify have clamped down on student discounts a bit. This is the latest statement on their site.

We no longer accept NUS cards for the student discount. But it’s still super easy to take advantage of our student deal. All you need is an account with UNiDAYS. If you don’t already have one, you can create an account with them for free when you sign up.

For unidays you have to have an email address at a univerity establishment. I actually use the NUS Apprentice Extra card (valid 5 years after graduation) and low and behold on checking the NUS Apprentice sites Spotify is no longer listed as a discount offered on that paticular card. Guuuttttttted!!!!

I've email unidys to explain I have NUS but ain't this second studying, I don't hold out hope. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Partnerships are sometimes unpredictable, before you know it we might be having NUS back again in the near future. For the meantime, I suggest trying to use UNiDAYS to get the student discount back.

Juana, your humble Spotify fan!
♫ If music be the food of love, play on. ♫

They used to accept NUS, but now they only accept UNiDAY accounts. Many people are now longer able to claim the student discount (insitutes not listed is the main issue/reason). You can vote for this to be changed here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Allow-NUS-card-holders-the-same-stud...

I tried to click on your link to vote for the change to happen, but I think spotify have blocked it or there was something missing!

That's nice of them... after removing the capability to get uni discount tarrifs when using NUS.

Anyway, I'm adding my vote to bring it back please

My vote too. I'm going back to adverts until they rectify this.

Well Im an NUS Extra card holder who is now moving to Amazon Music. Wont be treated like this by anyone. Spotify loses my subscription. Sportify's loss just takes others to do the same.

Think it was removed as a smiliar one already existed. I found another vote page here 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Subscription-Bring-back-Student-Discount-for-NUS/idc-p/4...

Suggested posts