Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why don’t I get my student discount even though I’m a student?

Why don’t I get my student discount even though I’m a student?

I have verified that I’m a student twice however my discount still doesn’t work and I’m paying 9.99 rather than 4.99.
6 Replies

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

You mention that you've verified your student status - with that you should have received a confirmation email from SheerID. The last step is to activate the discount on your Spotify account.

You should be able to apply the discount on your account by clicking the link in that verification email from SheerID and follow the steps.

If you have trouble with that we'd recommend going through the verification process  once again and activate the discount.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having this same issue. I renewed my verification as a student and received the email that confirmed it's all good. I click on the link to activate it and it brings me back to my account page where it still says my next payment is $9.99

I have logged out, logged in, waited several days between attempts, reverified my student status, and still nothing has changed. My account page says I can continue to use the student discount until next year, but I'm not currently getting the discount:( please help 

Hi @reddtiger15!

If you've already renewed your student discount then all you have to do is change the plan to Premium Student.  You can do that by going to your account page > Change plan > Premium Student and reentering your payment details.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I also am having this problem. I am unsure how to fix it. My bill for this and next month say $9.99, when I have been verified for the student discount and it says that it expires in 2023. How do I fix this as well?

I have been trying for the last couple days to renew my student discount, and it still charged me for $9.99, even though the student discount said I renewed it for May 1st. I am confused how to get reimbursed for this?

Hey @jessxxdk!

If you haven't already, we'd recommend getting in touch with the folks over at Customer Support since they have access to the necessary tools to take a closer look at your account and your payments as well as provide an eventual reimbursement. You can reach out to them here.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. Have a good one!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts