Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

premium student and hulu not deactivating

premium student and hulu not deactivating

Plan is Premium Student. I recently got Hulu because it was free with my subscription. However, I logged into Hulu and saw that they would be charging me 9.99 on october 17th, which was strange to me as Hulu is free with Premium Student. So, I went on a wild goose hunt to try and find a solution, and found out that in order to cancel Hulu, we have to cancel our entire spotify subscription (which is so inconvenient and really annoying). But now, my premium student ends on October 28th, does this mean I will have to pay that 9.99 on the 17th? Because if so, that is not what I signed up for and not what your website shows will happen, and I need a way of getting my money back.

Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 8.43.29 am.png
Screenshot 2024-10-14 at 8.43.23 am.png
1 Reply

Hey @eobseom,

Thanks for reaching out.

It looks like the recent price increase for Hulu should only apply to those who are subscribed directly through Hulu and not to anyone on the Spotify bundle. You might have received that notification by mistake, but no need to worry!

Since you're subscribed through the Spotify bundle, your Hulu (Ad-supported) plan is included, and the price increase shouldn’t affect you. If you're not paying $7.99 now, you won’t need to pay the $9.99 either.

I hope this clears things up 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts