Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Family - cant add certain member.

Solved!

Spotify Family - cant add certain member.

Hey. I live in a student house and stay with 4 other people. I'm subscribed to Spotify Family and I share my account with my mates. However after the mail that says enter your post code to every member of my family subscription, one forgot to do it and not in a week but in 4 days, they have gotten removed from the premium.

That's not an issue. However, althought I can re-invite him, it wont let him accept it. Asks to enter the address. He enters it. It either gives Error Code 3 or some undefined error. It's becoming more and more a challenge than an issue really. Any help?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sadly, there's no way to see your address. The way I did it is to make my family member create a new spotify account and reinvite the new account. I hope Spotify fixes this soon 🙂

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Welcome to the community @borather1!

This is actually a known issue with Spotify. For me personally, the quick turn around is to make a new Spotify account and reinvite them to your Family. You can ask Spotify to import your playlists from your old account by reaching out to them in Twitter at @SpotifyCares or through Facebook at SpotifyCares

Hope this helps 🙂

It did not help. Not only I cannot see anywhere the exact address I entered on Spotify, no matter how we try it, it wont accept him and keeps giving errors.

Marked as solution

Sadly, there's no way to see your address. The way I did it is to make my family member create a new spotify account and reinvite the new account. I hope Spotify fixes this soon 🙂

still having the same issue. is there a definite solution for this?

thanks

I'm in trouble too. That is, I can only invite my family members if I re-create an account? This is real? You Must be kidding! Spotify made a mess of it. How can a system not allow editing the address or simply show address was registered? Wow, what year is it, 2000? Spotify's total shame! I seriously want to cancel this **bleep**!

I can add people no problem when correct address is entered. Editing address is not an option given it's not something you change and you should remember it regardless. I think that's why they don't outright allow it. 

Yes I understand. But I do not remember which address I registered, because from the time of my Spotify account until today, I moved 3 times... Foolish they do not allow the complete visualization of the data.

Don't know if this will work for anyone else, but I just encountered this exact same error.  I added my first family member and it worked, then I went to add a second member and it gave me the undefined error.  I tried multiple times but it did not work.  I realized that I was using the Chrome autofill to complete my street name because it had memorized it from the first time I filled it out.  I manually typed the street address in the box instead and it worked.   Hope that helps.

I have a similar issue...I'm just gonna switch over to Apple music.

Go with apple music...its honestly so much better!

While Apple Music might be a great alternative....It is not compatible with Google Chromecast Audio Devices....We use 8 CCA's in our house for different zones, the cost is so much less than other wifi/hifi options and it works great.   

Dear all,

I have a similar problem. I switched to Spotify Premium Family and wanted to add my dad. I send him an email invitation via Spotify but he didn't receive it. I tried to give him access a couple of times but still no message. We also checked his Spam folder, but there's also not Spotify Email.

What can I do now? Spotify is already charging the Premium Family fee from my account. 😕

Thanks for helping out.

Nina

Suggested posts