Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family account is leaking music into my Daily Playlists

Family account is leaking music into my Daily Playlists

Hi there,

I have a family plan just for myself - I use two accounts to separate music that I play for myself from music that I play for my pets. Recently I noticed that my own Daily Playlist contains music from my pet account. I checked my history, checked my liked album/songs - there is no music there that Spotify is now including in my Daily Playlist.

Just to be clear - the accounts are very different. My personal (admin) account contains only electronic music: techno, electronica, etc. My pet account contains only 60-70s rock. So the genres are distinct enough, that when I see a 60s-based Daily Playlist in my admin account, it makes it pretty clear that it's leaking from the pet's account.

I don't see any meaningful way to change that. There are no tracks I can unlike, no albums I can remove in my personal account. This playlist is not based on what I am listening to.

Any suggestions?

1 Reply

Hey there @planet_!

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community!

If you have a smart speaker that you've only linked to your personal account and use voice commands or Connect to play music for the pet account, the tracks will be reflected on your account.

We'd recommend checking that and making sure the pet account is also linked to the speaker and that you play music on it.

If you don't have a smart speaker, it'd be a good idea to log out from all your devices with the steps here and log in again with the correct account.

We hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts