Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family member subscription

Family member subscription

I have had a long standing premium account and recently signed up to family so my wife could setup her own playlists etc and listen to spotify on the go. She had a free account that was setup in the UK. We now live in the US and it won't let us change her location it just asks us to signup for premium. But, I don't want to put in my credit card details and get charged twice for a service we've already covered. 

As my account is setup to our US address she cannot sign on to the family account i have setup and paid for. Please can someone adivse how to do this other than setting up a new email address as well as a US account for my wife and having to resend the invite to th new address. 

I would have thought you could change a free account locaition just as easily as if it was premium. Do not understand why you would not be able to do this? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I have to jump through a load of hoops and account setups. 

Cheers! Chris 

1 Reply

Hey @Chanbee, welcome to the community!

As long as your wife is also in the US, she shouldn't have any problems updating the country. Let's make sure she's following these steps to do so.

If the country drop down list isn't giving the correct country, try clearing the browser's cache and cookies, using an incognito window, or a different browser to try again.

Hopefully this'll help you have the Family plan up and running.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts