Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plan member only get Free service when logged in!

Plan member only get Free service when logged in!

Plan

Premium 

Country

Sweden

Device IOS iPhone 8

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can see the plan member in my account, but when the member logs in. The account is only ‘Free’.

I have tried to drop the member to make  a new invite, but hen I get some type of internal error in Spotify system stating that an error has occurred and I should try later. I have tried yesterday and today with the same error.

This looks like some internal system error or data mismatch. How do you get help with that?

5 Replies

Hi @jantje1, thanks for writing!

If you can see the member as active in your Family account panel, but it shows as free when they log in, that's probably because they're logging in a wrong account.

Please ask them to follow this guide to finding any other accounts they might have subscribed to Premium and let me know if this helps.

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have checked the Account and to me it looks like the correct account. The name in the family plan is ‘iretje’ and when logged in to Spotify it shows ‘iretje’.
I learned from a collegue at work that they have the same problem since yesterday with their family plan.
Is there a problem with the changes to the family plan that was communicated via email?
To me it also looks like a system problem that I can’t delete a member in the plan.

Hey @jantje1,

Just to confirm, this name "iretje" is from the member you're talking about, and not you, right?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Yes, you are right. ‘Iretje’ is the member account.

I have managed to solve the problem by dropping the member and sending a new invite. I suspect that it is the new location check for family members that caused the problem!

Great! I'm glad it's now solved.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts