Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Family Trouble

Premium Family Trouble

Hi there - my husband and I currently live in the UAE. I recently upgraded to Premium Family and tried to send him an invitation. When he was unable to accept the invite I did some research to realize that my original account is set to the US and his is set the the UAE so Spotify thinks we live in different countries - therefore the trouble linking up for Premium Family. I read that one of us needs to create a new account and make sure it "looks" like we live in the same place (which we do) but neither of us have a second email address to register a new account to! Can someone help me figure this out please? Thank you! 

2 Replies

Hi @user-removed 

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

You don't need a second email address if you don't want to. 

It's possible to start over with a brand-new account using the same email address for it. Check this article for more details.

If you have any playlists that you'd like to transfer to the new account, there're steps provided for that as well.

I hope it helps 🙂

Hey there @user-removed,

Glad to have you join the Community!

Just wanted to jump in with some additional information to what @Emilia_8 has already posted. If you wish to set up a Premium Family plan, but the country settings of your family members' Spotify accounts don't match yours, there's an easy fix for that without having to close your existing account. You can change the country settings following the steps in this support article

Hope you'll find this info useful. If you need help with anything else, just give us a shout. We're happy to lend a hand 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts