Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't find a Spotify user

Solved!

Can't find a Spotify user

I am brand new to Spotify. I cannot find a certain Spotify user.  I am logging in using the FB login. I don't know if I should use the Spotify login. I am not friends with this person on FB. I do not have a "Follow" button just a "People" button. When I have tried to Search for this person, I have even tried the Spotify:user:username. Doesn't come up. I know they are here, only reason why I have joined.

44 Replies

To find a friend on Spotify if you know their username you can type in the search box "spotify:user:" and then their username... for example to find joebloggs you would type:

spotify:user:joebloggs

Now add as a friend and you will be able to share to your friend without having to link to facebook.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@mechanimal82 wrote:

To find a friend on Spotify if you know their username you can type in the search box "Spotify:User:" and then their username... for example to find joebloggs you would type:

Spotify:User:joebloggs

Now add as a friend and you will be able to share to your friend without having to link to facebook.

"spotify:user" has to be lower case. 😉 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:

"spotify:user" has to be lower case. 😉 

Of course it does *editing post now*. What a wally!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

This is soooooo friggin stupid. Why in the world would you make it so difficult to find your friends?! I love spotify but the user interface is so incredibly lacking and varied from platform to platform. Figure it out Spotify, it's disgusting.

When typing in the desktop application seach bar "spotify:user:owentje"...I get the error "Sorry, we can't seem to find this user".

I tried searching for the username which you've mentioned you found...figuring if I re-create your steps, I can find the user I'm looking for.  Nope...no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

I want to find the user RubinsDemae.  I use FB to login, and she does not.

The user "RubinsDemae" does exist, I can find that profile fine. Which application are you using? Be aware that method of searching only works in the desktop app, not any of the others.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm having the same issue. No support at all from Spotify. I'm really considering delete my account.

Same here. No answears from Spotify. Worst support ever. Leaving spotify!

It's a very amateur problem! I can´not believe how spotify is too dificult to deal with this kind of silly problems.

Hi,

having problems finding friends. have logged in via facebook. click on find friends and it says none of them are on fb. well i know they are. Cant seem to find them in search bar either. Hsve received playlist from user via email as he couldn't find me, but he still does't come up as a friend. How do I find my friends?

thanks youre amazing been trying to find that out for ages

I am having trouble with the same thing. I have two accounts...one personal, and another to share different music with some teens. When I log into my personal, I cannot find the one I created. Help!
Marked as solution

it worked on mobile too (ios 9.3) You may wan't to check on android too.

I did this and it didn't work. I'm looking for misszebian.

Hi, I got Spotify and I can't fint none of my friends.I mean no Facebook or in the search tab. I can't see or find none of my friends. I got my account connected with Facebook and I need some help on this one.  Thanks

Hi dude - I found u on spotify (owentje), I have the same problem, I just made an account but ppl cant find me. What do I have to do? What did u do?

Please help me...

You have to link your account to a Facebook profile. I know it's annoying,
but that's what they require for you to be searchable by the standard
search engine. Or, you can tell people to type spotify:user:username in the
search box to find you.

Hope this helps!
Marked as solution

All you need to do is write in the profile name as it is and then double tap the space bar. For some reason this works. (Mobile and tablets only)

When I go to search a persons profile it doesn't come up. Why? Someone help please

Hi guys,

Why can I not find my own profile called Savio Le Duca? I tried the usual way by just typing my name Savio Le Duca and click Search, nothing shows.

I tried spotify:user:savioleduca and then I get the message something went wrong, try again.

I also noticed that my online Username is some weird code, could this be the problem?

2017-11-09_01-27-52.png

Suggested posts