Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do users get a notification when I follow/unfollow them?

Do users get a notification when I follow/unfollow them?

Hi,

I recently unfollowed a friend. Then followed back, but I do not longer see his activity on the right side of the screen. What's going on? He's just not active right now, he blocked me..?

Does he get notifications when I follow or unfollow him?

Thanks

9 Replies

Hello, mar_lliure!

He might have put on the option "private session".

If so, noone will be able to see what he is listening to.

And to answer your question in the topic, you won't be noticed if a person follow/unfollow you.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

but do you know if users see when you follow or unfollow them?

cheers

When you click your name on the upper right hand side in the Spotify-app you get a page with link called "Followers".

If you click the link you can see who is following you.

But, you don't get a mail/directmessage in Spotify when someone is starting to follow you.

If you unfollow a person, that person won't get a mail/directmessage in Spotify that you have unfollowed him/her. 🙂

Best regards

Hey there.

Thanks for your mail.

Person will only receive notification about your follow into mail (if subscribed) or to app Notifications. Unfollowing is not receiving any messages to person.

Have a nice day.

Kind regardz,

Jyrziu ;d

Hello

Ok, I didn't know you get notified when someone is starting to follow you.

Great, then I learned something new today too. 🙂

Best regards!

Does user get notified when you block them? And will blocking them erase any unread messages you sent them? thanks if you can answer 🙂

Hi !

And yes and no. For example I have in my list 12 people which are following me, but got messages only about 2 of them that they have started to follow.
So where is the right answer on this question?

Hey @tamyrko

Usually, if you have notifications turned on for new followers, you should be getting them.

There is a known issue with the notifications system right now. Some users have mentioned that they are not getting proper notifications. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

How can you see who has unfollowed your playlist. I had 32 followers not i have 31. I follow everyone but still, there are a$$() that cheat and unfollow you. How can I see those a$$() and unfollow them?

Thanks

Suggested posts