Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Game of Thrones - Who's your favorite character?

Game of Thrones - Who's your favorite character?

Season 4 seems to be off to a very good start.

Who's your favorite character so far, and why?

Community Ergo Sum
33 Replies

Is that black box really nescesarry...?

Also, I've never watched it 🙂

Liam

I just started watching Game of Thrones on a recommendation from friends.  I admittedly binge watched Season One on Netflix over the weekend.  

I like Daenerys Targaryen.  Other favorites Tyrion Lannister and Jon Snow. 

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Bronn!

Bronn is the best character, every single line he says is pure gold!!

Also, any fans of the show, check these out!

http://imgur.com/a/l2fT5

@MarcusG wrote:

Also, any fans of the show, check these out!

http://imgur.com/a/l2fT5

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. 

Community Ergo Sum

Anyone watch this week's episode??

Spoiler
I expected Joffrey's death to be slightly more satisfying, it was actually pretty sad and quite dark.. 
However, he was being a royal ball bag to Tyrion throughout his wedding, on top of all of the other things he's done over the seasons,
does his death mean Margaery Tyrell is now the queen of Westeros?

Looking forward to next weeks, as always 🙂

spotify:user:barbaloot:playlist:65prcb4SDSBYQmeATaDp1y

Just finished Oathkeeper --I had some catching up to do.

I'll admit I'm getting a little bored of the Daenerys plot line, but I'm sure that will turn around soon. Actually more interested in what's going on King's Landing in these last episodes. Favorite character is still Tyrion Lannister. I read the first two books but might have to keep reading instead of waiting for new episodes/ seasons. Have you already read the books @Elsalvador ?

Speaking of which, anyone a fan of Arrested Westeros? "That's why you always leave a note"

This Arrested Westeros site is fantastic! 

I haven't read the books, I plan to when I get the time.. 

Yeah Daenerys' whole thing will get more interesting I'm sure, Tyrion's situation is usually pretty interesting!

I thought last episode's happenings with Bran were pretty good, going to be a bad time for Bran and co. for a little while I feel!

I can't stop looking through Arrested Westeros hahaha, thank you so much!

The last episode has been my favorite so far (second of course to the Purple Wedding). 

Spoiler
I really thought Sansa was about to fly there for a second. I also think we're about to see the end of The Hound and then Arya will be left to defend herself. Nice little appearance from Hot Pie there too.

Without any doubt, The Hound.

He has the best lines in the enitre show. So brutal, and so funny. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

The Hound aka Rory McCann is a cool guy. He's from my home town Glasgow and you quite often see him in one of my local pubs enjoying a wee dram.

Can't see past Tyrion Lannister myself. 

Tyrion is probably the best character.. Bron let me down in the last episode.. 

Looking forward to the next episode!!

To be honest I am much more partial to the book series version of the story so far. The transition of Arya Stark's dark side at such a young age being only 9 at the time before she is to cross the narrow seas later on is somewhat disturbing but understandable. The show series seems not able to quit bring this out accurately for my tastes. The scene in the show where Arya gets revenge on Polliver is actually the character in the book The Tickler, a sadistic torturer employed by the Mountain who rides as a way of extracting sometimes useful information, but usually used to terrorize everyone who comes into contact with the Mountain's Reavers. The scene in the book with Arya jumping onto the back of the Tickler and stabbing him over, over, over, and over and repeating his own torture questions back at him is rather unnerving. And the mercenary group the Brave Companions from the books was just written off the show entirely that was a very nasty group of psychos and I thought would have added to the overall insanity of the story.

I have just accepted the show series is loosely based and drawn from the books with allot of liberties taken with the show writers. Although it was nice to see Martin at least write the opening episode of the season which seem to follow his books allot closer than the other show writers are doing, too bad they did not pay him to write the whole seasonal series. The show has it's moments when it stays on course as close as possible with the books, but the story arc of the mystery of Jon Snows mother I think is going to be a bigger issue later on in the story when Martin in the books finally in his round about way reveals who is mother is. The show series has let that story arc started in season 1 die off, and also not introducing the Nephew of Sir Arthur Danye of the heir of Starfall Lord Edric Dayne is I think going to be a show blunder later on.

My favs from the books are John Snow, Arya Stark, Tyrion Lannister, The Hound, Dani is ok in the books but being rather young and an inexperienced leader she is doing some obvious blunders but that is only expected of Martin writing her this way. This gives him a plot line device to reveal the rest of his world farther east later on, when Dani goes to the shadow lands which is where I think she is eventually headed.

My favs from the Show is Tyrion, The Hound, Dani, Bronn, even the way Tywin is played in the show by Charles Dance is fantastic. Even seeing the psycho Ramsey Snow by Iwan Rheon is fantastic as well.

Well I have to say Sunday night June 1st episode was rather enjoyable. They did a rather decent job adding content from the books in that episode. Aside from a few side build up scenes to what is coming on the wall and the whole The Hound and Arya reaching the Vale dynamic which will eventually build up to something interesting. Even the way they presented the scenes of Little Finger and Sansa in the aftermath of Lysa being pushed through the moon door which was very different in the book was rather interestingly done. The last two episodes should be fantastic. looks like from the previews we are going to get some scenes of the Giants attacking the wall and some with the Mammoth as well.

I don't think there is a day on the internet where I don't see something about Game of Thrones! I just got HBO so I'll have to start watching it. 😄

If you guys haven't already check out the Viewer's Guide

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yeah man, you need to watch it. We're almost at the end of Season 4 now, I can feel a good couple of episodes coming!

Lots left to happen to round off probably my favourite season so far!

@luciantenebrae wrote:

The show has it's moments when it stays on course as close as possible with the books, but the story arc of the mystery of Jon Snows mother I think is going to be a bigger issue later on in the story when Martin in the books finally in his round about way reveals who is mother is. The show series has let that story arc started in season 1 die off, and also not introducing the Nephew of Sir Arthur Danye of the heir of Starfall Lord Edric Dayne is I think going to be a show blunder later on.

@user-removed Yes! I haven't read all the books but I have been saying that not knowing Jon Snow's mother is going to be important soon. Been saying that to @overmik so I have a witness. I thought this week's episode was one of the best so far. I assume the final episode will be completely set in King's Landing? 

I really enjoyed the last two episodes. The finale has to be pretty special to beat them. 

Spoiler
Shame about Jon Snow's mate Grenn(?), I liked that dude 😞 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Suggested posts