Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

HELP

HELP

I need help. Whenever I finish a song on my playlist it changes to a song that is on another playlist. It doesn't say that it is playing from that playlist though. The only other fix I could find is outdated by 11 years, and doesn't seem to work anymore. I listen while playing games and I can't pause my game every 2-3 minutes to click back onto the right spotify playlist. Please help me it would be amazing. 

1 Reply

Hiya, so it sounds like your Spotify app might be shuffling through multiple playlists when you reach the end of a song. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Turn off Shuffle: Make sure that shuffle is turned off for the playlist you're listening to. You can do this by tapping on the shuffle icon (two arrows crossed over each other) at the bottom of the playlist screen. If it's highlighted in green, it means shuffle is on. Tap it again to turn it off.

2. Clear queue: If you're still experiencing issues with the app shuffling through multiple playlists, try clearing the queue. To do this, go to the Now Playing screen, tap the three dots in the top-right corner, and select "Clear Queue". This will remove any songs that are queued up to play next.

3. Check crossfade: If you have crossfade turned on, it's possible that Spotify is transitioning to a song from another playlist before your current playlist has finished. Try turning off crossfade by going to Settings > Playback and scrolling down to "Crossfade" to see if that fixes the issue.

4. Reinstall the app: If the above steps don't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app. This will clear any cache or data that might be causing the issue.

Let me know what you find,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts