Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I do not get recommended suggestions at the bottom of playlists but my husband does

Solved!

I do not get recommended suggestions at the bottom of playlists but my husband does

Me and my husband both have spotify premium on our MACs.  On all his playlists, at the bottom he gets 'recomended songs based on the songs in this playlist' and there is a list of 5 songs with an option to refresh and get more songs.  I have updated to the latest version (1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4) but I still dont have this option, does anyone have any ideas.  Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I find the feature hit or miss with playlists over 100 songs. However, I have noticed that if you right click on the playlist and then request a similar playlist you will get a new playlist of recommended songs. Love it.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

I get the recommended songs after the playlists on my Imac, but not on the ipad.

I love this feature and look forward to seeing it on the ipad.

I don't see where this is an option to be turned on. It just appeared a few days ago on my Imac.

Every  playlist of mine shows recommended songs except for one,  which I cannot explain.

it turns out it is a trial feature thats only available to 'selected people' according to spotify, such a shame as its a great feature and I would love to have it

@Pookey_Amiko1 @jf37T

Spotify is always testing new features to improve the different apps.

For more information about this check out this FAQ here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/troubleshooting2/why-am-i-seeing-different-features-tha...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am a premium member and I got this feature too. Although suggestions do not show up for every playlist. For example, the ones with >200 tracks and playlists that do not have a certain "category" of tracks.

Selected people? Whaaaaaaat? What a great feature, why wouldnt everyone get to use it?

Marked as solution

I find the feature hit or miss with playlists over 100 songs. However, I have noticed that if you right click on the playlist and then request a similar playlist you will get a new playlist of recommended songs. Love it.

I am having the same problem only I have several playlists. Some have recommendations and some dont. I would like all of them to have recommendations. Not sure how to get it on all of my lists.

I have the same when playing online. The suggestion song feature works very well on the spotify app but on my web player on my PC at work suggestions do not show up. Very annoying, I started using a different player now for work since this feature is not available in spotify webplayer.

It still does not work on my pc. I love the feature, and it used to work great. It just suddenly stopped working. Spotify techs tried to fix it but were not successful.

I think if you have more than 100 songs in your playlist you no longer get
suggestions.

Mark

I have the same problem on my desktop pc with one exception. I get recommendations for all but 1 playlist. I used to get it on that one too but the one day it stopped. I had Spotify techs working it but they couldn't figure it out either.

Thanks! That works. I was getting it for everything but"My Classic Rock " playlist. This method gave me 100+ song to review to see if they are ones I might want add

Not so. I have playlist of over 300 and get recommendations...for all but 1 playlist. But right clicking on the playlist and then "create similar playlist" works. It generated close to 200 songs. They are hit and miss but a great secondary choice.

Thanks guys, this is obviously rather buggy. I got the tip from `s one else to install the desktop player instead of listening to the web player and in the desktop player on my PC I do get recommendations but on the web player I don`t. 

Rather odd, hope for all the other persons that spotify will bugfix this.

I get the suggestions for playlists when I use spotify on my PC but not when I use it on my phone...

Hey @norathomasxo

What phone do you use? You should try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I tried that on my desktop pc. I only have one playlist that I cannot get recommendations, while the rest work fine. I copied playlist to a new list and that did not work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but got the same thing. I even had the techs at Spotify try to fix it, but no luck. 😩

I am not so sure that the "more than 100 songs list" is true. I have a few lists that are over 100 and am still getting the recommendation list.  I am wondering if it has more to do with the type of songs you have in a song list.  E.g., I have a list of almost 200 songs. This is my favorate song list consisting of several different genre in that list with no recommendations. I have song lists over 100 with the same or very simular genre that have recommended song lists.  I would imagine that it would be easier to generate a recommendation list if the genre was more defined. What say you?

I just had the same problem as well. If you follow a playlist, then it doesn’t provide the 5 recommendations at the end. The problem is it’s difficult to distinguish between a followed playlist and your own curated playlist. If you create your own playlist, then you will find the recommendation feature functioning correctly at the bottom.

Suggested posts