Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Metadata problem with distrokid: Adding pre release collab single to one of the artists album

Metadata problem with distrokid: Adding pre release collab single to one of the artists album

My release is getting rejected by stores (also spotify). Please help.

I´m using distrokid as a distributor and want to add a pre-released collaboration single to my album.

For singles I can´t add primary artists to the project, only feat. artists. Since we are 3 primary artists, I needed to use one new artist slot (artist name: artist1, artist2, artist3)

Now I want to add this song to my album (artist name: artist1), where I can add primary artists in distrokid. So I have added both artists as primary artists to the track. I have also added the ISRC Code of the pre-released collab track to it.

For reasons of different metadata, this album got rejected.
How can I fix this problem?

Distrokid is not answering me and there are many releases out there, that had previous collab singles, that are then released on solo albums.

2 Replies

I’m having the same issue, were you able to solve it and if so how? 

You have to add them in the first line using "&", "and" or "X" For Example: Miley Cyrus & Beyonce

You write both in the first line. When you do this you will see a yellow drop down menu and you must choose collaboration. This tells distrokid there are two separate artists, and this is not the name of just 1 band.

Do not use the featured artists section, if they are primary artist.

Suggested posts