Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Private message??? Where to find?

Solved!

Private message??? Where to find?

I got this email:

Hello ,

You have received a private message in the The Spotify Community.

Please click here to access the community. You will need to login before you can read your message.

but when going to the link I see nowhere anything that has to do with messaging.....

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Right top corner, under the search button. The little letter icon.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@samnickmike wrote:

Ok I have found the mail icon - I would like to private message someone - is the name that appears on my people page their user name? I am a little confused - when I open spotify it is through an icon on my desktop - on that page I don't see the meesage or community options - that is only on community page through the internet? forgive my non techy questions - just trying to figure it all out 🙂 

I have tried to message a few people with the use of their names that appear on my page where I have subscribed to their playlists... but it says they don't exist...

Thank you in advance

Hey 🙂 

The Private Messaging system on the community is completely seperate from the Spotify application.

If you want to message someone on the community, they need to have registered their account with the community and then you need to add them as a friend here on the community so you can send them a PM. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Steve - there is a community idea about showing the subject of the PM in the email - I could link it but you wouldn't be able to view it 😛

The direct link to the PM inbox is this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

22 Replies

On my phone I found them immediately, I must look over something on the regular site...
Marked as solution

Right top corner, under the search button. The little letter icon.

Wow, no wonder! Thanks!

Ok I have found the mail icon - I would like to private message someone - is the name that appears on my people page their user name? I am a little confused - when I open spotify it is through an icon on my desktop - on that page I don't see the meesage or community options - that is only on community page through the internet? forgive my non techy questions - just trying to figure it all out 🙂 

I have tried to message a few people with the use of their names that appear on my page where I have subscribed to their playlists... but it says they don't exist...

Thank you in advance

Marked as solution

@samnickmike wrote:

Thank you in advance

Hey 🙂 

The Private Messaging system on the community is completely seperate from the Spotify application.

If you want to message someone on the community, they need to have registered their account with the community and then you need to add them as a friend here on the community so you can send them a PM. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello Premify,

Even with the advice to go to the envelope in the top right, I had trouble finding my inbox. I think it's because keep the fonts in my browser extra large, and it must have pushed the envelope off the edge of the page.  That's my own odd little issue, but why not have the email link go straight to the inbox?  Also, it would be nice to know when the "Private Message" is just a system generated message about my "rank."  

Best,

Steve

Marked as solution

Steve - there is a community idea about showing the subject of the PM in the email - I could link it but you wouldn't be able to view it 😛

The direct link to the PM inbox is this: http://community.spotify.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

I read somewhere that only certain people get the pm box.

@555michael wrote:
I read somewhere that only certain people get the pm box.

That is old. Anyone with 1 post or more has PM access 🙂

Oh I see.

Posting to access.

having the same issue but no envelope under the search button. this is desktop experience....using safari and chrome on a mac.

davbro

Yeah, I was also using Chrome on a Mac when I couldn't find it.

cool thanks 🙂

Same problem, may just need to post...

We've made it a bit easier to access Private Messages now. You can either post once, or wait 24 hours after registering in the community.

Community Ergo Sum

This was helpful. I was wondering where to find it - I hadn't posted before, so hopefully now I can see the envelope. 

think you need to actually have posted on forum to view them

I have replied to a thread, but I am still unable to read private messages. 😕

Suggested posts