Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Private messages

Solved!

Private messages

Could someone tell this new person to Spotify (me) how one goes about sending/receiving private messages? I read on how to do so but I can't find the envelope it mentioned.

Thank you,

Leeflea.

80 Replies

These private messages are really dumb.  I'm just making this post so I can finally see the private message that someone sent me...

Yeah, this is really a dumb thing that I've never seen or experienced at ANY Board on this planet...

Why are so many trange things going on with Spotify?

It could be a perfect thing with some more possibilities (like the ability to delete radio-stations...), but it seems like there just mustn't be something perfect, right?

I am actually posting this to find MY envelope next time... 😞

Why not just enable this feature as default ??

same

I just saw! look at the top right of this page where you're seeing the forums. It's green. 

That makes sense I guess.

I too got the email "You have received a private message in The Spotify Community." but there's no icon. I'm posting this in the hopes that it'll be my first post and the icon will then appear...

Edit: Sure enough. I had kudo'd an idea, then gotten a private message from the system telling me I had a new "rank" on here. But I couldn't access the message, because I hadn't posted anything myself. As soon as I wrote the paragraph above, logged out and back in, I could see the messages icon. This is definitely a bug in the system.

I got a message from Spotify saying that they sent me a private message about a post I made, yet I too cannot find this alleged envelope.  I am wondering what the heck is going on here, why is it so hard to get help around here?  Such a great concept, such a poor execution.  Still frustrated just need a real email / phone call / proper communication that addresses my issues, and not some runaround email stating I have a private message that appears to be impossible to retrieve.  

This has got to be a bug. I got the email about getting a PM, went to check it and nothing.

I tried posting a message to access the PM feature - nothing. I tried logging in then logging out - nothing. Tried logging in using a different browser - nothing.

Edit: Is this ironic or what? It took about 10-15 mins of me doing the steps mentioned above without any luck of finding this supposed message.  As soon as I posted this, the inbox appears with an unread message. 

You need one post to get to the PM's 😉

Liam

Ah well, then let's see if that works. I already posted, but clicking the links in this topic all end in "Access denied". Maybe posting in this area will do the trick.

@lpwevers wrote:

Ah well, then let's see if that works. I already posted, but clicking the links in this topic all end in "Access denied". Maybe posting in this area will do the trick.

You should try logging out then in so your permissions can update 🙂

Liam

If I reply to a post does it count? And who is this PM from? So silly...

@sweetdr251 wrote:

If I reply to a post does it count? And who is this PM from? So silly...

Yes, however you also have to have been a member for 24 hours 🙂

Liam

I'm doing the same, hoping I'll get to see the little envelope after this.

Really confusing... I have a message, but I can't read it?

I cannot see my private messages either. And I've posted more than once. Sigh.

Create a post so I can see the PM I have been emailed about.  What a stupid system.

Create a post so I can see the PM I have been emailed about.  What a stupid system.

Thanks for the tip

I lost a playlist and sent in a request for it to be recovered.  I got sent an email saying that I had a PM waiting for me, but I have no envelope at the top of my screen.  Can someone help me?

Suggested posts