Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question of the Week: How do you play Wordle?

Question of the Week: How do you play Wordle?

giphy

Happy Friday everyone!! It's time to get chatting Do you know/play Wordle? If so, this week's Question Of The Week (QOTW) is for you!

So, tell us, what's your method of playing Wordle

Do you have a standard rotation of words to guess available letters? What words do you use? Do you use the previous day's word to start? Is it random? 

If you don't know Wordle, you can still let us know your favorite 5-letter word. Bonus cookie internet points if you do this via a Spotify track!

PS. No spoilers for today's Wordle word - some of us haven't done it yet 🤣

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 
13 Replies

I don't play Wordle but here's a great 5 letter word:

Forum

https://open.spotify.com/track/3AMmsIB6bu01rSgP782MMe:small

Something we come to all the time (Spotify Community)

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I don't play Wordle regularly. English is not my native language and sometimes there is words I don't know.

No special strategy. When I play, by laziness, I always start with the same word. 😁

Anyway, if you miss some vowels, here is a song that can help you with 5 letters words... 😉

spotify:track:32SkyVfs7k7tTsxoUjUEDa

twitter.com/soundofus

www.soundofus.com

SoundofusSpotify Star

When I first started with Wordle I used to take the word from the previous day and start with it 😄 I did that until the word was Proxy and it felt too obscure, so I started with random words.

Last week I stumbled upon an article saying that crane or adieu are the best to start with, so I go with crane now 😄 

spotify:track:48EjSdYh8wz2gBxxqzrsLe 

ElenaModerator

Nice Q! My strategy is definitely not the best but I try to guess as many different letters as possible and then hope some of them are right.

I usually start with as many vowels as possible and then move on to the consonants.

Just like @Soundofus, English is not my first language, so some words I haven’t heard of before, but it’s nice to learn new words as well. 😄
HuboSpotify Star

Great question, @Katerina!

I haven't gotten into the Wordle game (yet), but one of my favorite 5-letter words is:

spotify:track:6RTPhBy716vfQKcfCOVi3I:small 

In a Forest Ecology class I took during college, I greatly enjoyed learning about forests (ecosystems or biotic communities dominated by trees) and the processes shaping changes in the distribution and abundance of species in them; and it was also fun to learn more about local tree species in the field trips we went on.

My favorite places to go on hikes or bike rides also tend to be in forests or woodlands; besides the important ecosystem services that trees provide, I think they can also make the environment around them more peaceful and relaxing.

Cheers!

AdamDamSpotify Star

I have no particular strategy to start it out; I just plop in whatever random word come to mind.  Once I get 2-3 green letters, I'll put an "x" where the unknowns are so I can see what I'm thinking about more clearly. Example: if I have this right so far:  "_I_ER"  I'll type out "x I x E R" So maybe its VIPER or DIVER; its just easier for me to see.

Here's my 5-letter song:

https://open.spotify.com/track/0NeJjNlprGfZpeX2LQuN6c?si=072b5766c1644059

That's a great word right there Matt! 🙌

KaterinaModerator

I like your dedication of using the previous day's word, I drew blanks every time 🙈

I used to use Apple and Books to learn which letters were in the word, but after finding about Adieu, I've not looked back hehe

KaterinaModerator

One of the reasons why I like it as well, learning (or reminding myself of) words! I also never thought there were so many 5 letter words 😳

KaterinaModerator

I call it "effective strategy" instead hahah

KaterinaModerator

Oh wow, such a small word having so much impact! 🌳👏

KaterinaModerator

That's a great concept - I used to use it too, but I started for looking non-existent words so I kinda gave up myself. In your example, I would get stuck on the word and come up with "fiver" (like the website), which is not a valid word and my brain just couldn't come up with anything better 😬

KaterinaModerator

I usually use the first two guesses to eliminate/find as many different letters as possible and I usually use words that include 2-3 vowels and common-used consonants. For example; steam & dough or story & angle etc.

I don't know if this is a good strategy at all but this usually (but not always) gives me enough letters to make a good guess on the 3rd try 😄

Next time I think I need to try adieu @Katerina 

As some of you already mentioned, I also have English as my 2nd language so I think this is a great way to learn some new words 😄

Suggested posts