Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Stopping, 'currently playing' disappearing, and Shuffle resetting.

Spotify Stopping, 'currently playing' disappearing, and Shuffle resetting.

Playing a song and the end cuts off abruptly. The 'currently playing' bar disappears, so it hadn't been paused. Fully stopped. This happens randomly. Sometimes after the first song, sometimes in the middle of a playlist, or an hour or so into liked songs.

If shuffle is off, it turns on when this happens. If shuffle is ON, it will switch to Smart shuffle (Bane of my existence)

It is happening more. Becoming unlistenable.

Both android AND pc. Premium subscription. There is nobody else on my account, no other devices (I checked). My internet connection is fine, and this is happening on offline playlists too.

(The character limit on these makes it difficult to fully explain, thanks)
1 Reply

More info:
if crossfade is on, more of the 1st song will get cut off, but if crossfade is off, 1-5 seconds will still be cut off.
switching shuffle on/off will SOMETIMES make this happen with the very next song, but is also happens unprompted.
Cache has been cleared and apps on mobile AND pc have been reinstalled/updated.
Discord has not been connected.
Autoplay has been on and off, no difference.
Automix has been on and off, no difference.

I use spotify at work usually and do not have the hands to find another song and hit play every time, so i end up sitting in silence for 10-20 minutes until I can use my hands. It's getting very frustrating.

Suggested posts