Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

UI Changes

UI Changes

I don't understand why the desktop UI updates keep making it harder for users to see multiple things at the same time. I like to see the large album art for the song I'm listening to, but since the now playing view was moved to the right, I could only see either the now playing view OR my friends tab at one time. And now with the most recent update the queue is also on the right tab, meaning that now you can only see the now playing view OR your friends tab OR the queue at one time. Why??? I listen to so much music on Spotify I feel like the least that users could ask for is actually being able to USE THE FEATURES of it or at the very least just have the option to.

3 Replies

I've been using Spotify a looong time, and this latest updates are super confusing to me. They seem so cluttered, that I don't know where to focus. I like that they are always changing things so it doesn't become boring, but I wish they let you choose what you wanted to see from all the updates they push. People will always complain about changes, but I bet they can get more accurate data of usage if they do it that way. If people like something, they can know it more accurately by measuring how many times it's used vs. not - and then they can stop testing blindly random changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

At first I disliked the 3rd column for queue, but now it feels awesome.

Still not perfect, for example deleting tracks using DLT button does not work anymore. Timeline issue I resolved by creating personal Save for later playlist in which I drop any tracks/recommendations and delete every song too short or too long etc. Then add to queue from that playlist on computer. Sidebar view helps me, as I can see easily which track is already liked and which not, to avoid having duplicates. I do complain a lot about these updates, but not all of them are that bad after time.

vaajy_0-1710774054166.png

I really dislike the new update. I wanna see more information in the queue, like before. It's really annoying that they're trying to simplify it cause that isn't even necessary and no one asked for it. I never liked having a right sidebar on my screen as I think it looks messy, but now I have to, because the queue is there and I always look through it.

Suggested posts