Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

unable to connect to Facebook

Solved!

unable to connect to Facebook

hello - i am unable to sync my Spotify account to my Facebook account. I open spotify, click "connect to Facebook", enter my Facebook log in info, and i get an error message "sorry, this feature isn't available right now: an error occurred while processing this request. please try again later. please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey woman,

Do this, go to your facebook, then settings, then apps. Now remove spotify and go to the Spotify icon on your desktop. Open it and try to log in through facebook. It will be fixed. 🙂

Bryan M.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

YES, i have the same issue, since I changed my Facebook PW yesterday. I already contacted @SpotifyCares on Twitter, but they also don't know what to do.

I'm getting the same error message... not happy!! need my music to keep me sane at work.

Hey @j__-_-__r@tatianatatianat and @user-removed!

Could you please let me know which browser's you guys are using to connect Facebook and Spotify?

What you might try is;

• Clear your browser's cache/cookies.
  • Use the incognito/private mode of your browser.
  • Use another browser, or even another device.

If that doesn't help, please let me know so I can escalate this to Spotify.

Thank you!

Same here.  Was forced to change my FB password due to suspicious activity and someone attempting to login to my FB from across the globe.  NOW THIS. WOMP WOMP.  GOING TO A MUSIC FESTIVAL this weekend and now I cant make a playlist for the roadtrip. WTF. terrible service here

Tried all of this already.  Cleared Cache/cookies,  Did it in private mode in IE.  Also tried it in Google chrome.  None of which worked.  The Sign in with facebook worked fine for login in with this forum.  Doesn't work with my Spotify application though.... It is on Spotify's end clearly

Having the exact same issue here. Running chrome

@theSpIntr

Excact the same here, someone wanted to use my FB account from TAIWAN (i am from germany) so I changed passwords.

Using Opera and cleared cache, tried another browser but did not help.

But on android Spotify works. Maybe its a facebook issue?

@user-removed wrote:

@theSpIntr

Excact the same here, someone wanted to use my FB account from TAIWAN (i am from germany) so I changed passwords.

Using Opera and cleared cache, tried another browser but did not help.

But on android Spotify works. Maybe its a facebook issue?

@user-removed,  Same, the attempted login location for my account was from TAIWAN as well (I am in USA).  I wonder if this security breach is related to spotify linked FB accounts..... seems like a possibility.

Hey, think I solved i myself! You have to go to your Facebook settings -> Apps -> search for Spotify and delete it. After that try to login to Spotify through Facebook and you will be asked to authorise the app, accept and done.
Spread the world!
Marked as solution

Hey woman,

Do this, go to your facebook, then settings, then apps. Now remove spotify and go to the Spotify icon on your desktop. Open it and try to log in through facebook. It will be fixed. 🙂

Bryan M.

Same issue here. Yesterday FB kicked me out of all logged in devices, logged back everywhere and it was ok. Today Spotify won't allow me in, neither on Android, Windows Phone or Win10. I don't have any strange activities logged on FB - and I have anyway all the authentications going through my personal mobile, so who cares anyway...

Please check asap.

This doesn't work.

thank you so much! fixed!

IT WORKED! HALLELUJAH!

Worked for me and I appreciate the help. Was driving me nuts. 🙂

Yeah, I know guys. I'm a genius. Feel free to add me as a friend on Spotify. We can exchange cool music and talk about philosophy. You know, the usual.

Hey Brybry, you are my guy! well done.

works!

This worked.  Thank you! 

Suggested posts