Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Same song keeps adding itself to the queue

Same song keeps adding itself to the queue

For the last few months I’ve had a recurring issue. When playing a playlist or an album the same track keeps getting added to the queue as the second track (it’s a song I don’t particularly like either!). It doesn’t happen every time but most times. I’ve looked at various ways to stop it but it keeps recurring. Any suggestions?

9 Replies

Hey there @Jgg72

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

As a first step it'd be good to run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on the device where this happens. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. Check out this Spotify Answer on how to do that. 

If this persists, you can provide us with the current version of your OS and Spotify app. Also, let us know the device on which this issue occurs. 

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions.  

That hasn't happened but i have had trouble organizing songs. 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4EMb3UeTCK4hy4IAVKUZiM

Hi,

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times now but the same issue continues. I’m using Spotify on my iPhone iOS 13.7. The version of Spotify is 8.5.79.1024. Thanks

That's odd. I use an iPhone 6 and Spotify works perfectly fine except for the few times it randomly closed when I first started to use it but it works fine for me now. And I haven't updated my phone for a while so I guess it's your phone causing the issue.

I have the same issue, and anytime a Spotify representative would tell me to reinstall the application, for whatever issue that I was having, it didn't do anything. I'll skip it, especially seeing how it didn't help the one that posted about this problem. I would like a real solution. Spotify needs to fix it, on their end. It even was going on, in my group session. Also, sometimes, when I skip to the next song, the previous song will still show. I even updated the application, very recently.

Follow me

Hey there @Jgg72@MadmanOnWheels and @Shu-TrueTalon

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In case the clean reinstall didn't do the trick, it's a good idea to check if you experience this issue on a single device or across multiple devices. If this doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available. 

To check if what you observe could be an account-related issue, try logging in to a different Spotify account on the affected device. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

While we are on the subject of same songs, is it possible to make a playlist with just one song?

You definitely can. You have to start with one, anyway, unless you add an album, first.

Follow me

Hey, Ivan

I have recently updated the application. I don't have another account to sign in to. Should I create a new an alternate account, so I can try this? Also, I'll see how the queue acts, on my tablet, then get back to you.

Follow me

Suggested posts