Spotify widget gone?

Spotify widget gone?

Ronald765
Casual Listener
  • I just noticed that the Spotify widget has disappeared from my homescreen.  I thought I had removed it by accident, but when I checked the widgets, I noticed that it has disappeared there as well. Does anyone else have the same problem or is it just me?
54 Replies

Re: Spotify widget gone?

Cashton713
Visitor

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'd really like to get some more info on what's going on. Hopefully it's not gone for good!

4loh7509
Composer

The Spotify widget is no longer available. You can read more about it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Android-Widget-Removal/td-p/4800301

rimifi88
Casual Listener

Yeah gone for me too, pretty bummed because I've been using the widget since I got Spotify.

TheBattleRaven1
Visitor

Literally WHO thought removing the widget would be a good idea???

Callo

This happened with the Starbucks widget a few months ago... If you put the Spotify icon on the home screen you can long press it to get more options. I am really upset if they are doing this with all the widgets! Especially with Spotify. The widget was VERY useful.

_82zyjwuu-w8f
Regular

bti79
Visitor

Argh. Terrible idea! Originally switched fram Tidal to Spotify because Tidal removed the widget. Now I don't know what service to change to 😡

ScottPen
Visitor

Ronald765
Casual Listener
  1. Personally I think removing the widget is really a bad idea because it just came out of the blue and we haven't been notified on beforehand. There should at least have been a good, working alternative before removal and thus it's really user-unfriendly. Why removing something that worked perfectly and probably satisfied most users? I'm about to leave Spotify soon if there's no satisfying alternative coming soon...
SUGGESTED POSTS