Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

linking facebook doesn’t change my display name

linking facebook doesn’t change my display name

hello, i've seen many posts by people having this issue of spotify not displaying their facebook names as their display names after connecting it. however, i tried everything - unlinking from facebook (three times, with a few days, almost weeks, in between each linking), logging out and in on more devices yet still it doesn't work even though profile picture changed in a few hours after the first linking. 

i'd be very thankful if you can help me!

6 Replies

Hi @user-removed, 

Could you check here if the option to "Process my Facebook data" is enabled?

If it is, please toggle it off and back on. 

hello, so i did exactly what you said, waited 2 days and still it doesn't work

Hi @user-removed, 

Thank you for giving it a try. 

On Facebooks end it's also possible to prevent certain info from being shared with Spotify.

Please, log in here and find Spotify in the list with apps. Click on 'View and edit' and then you can further decide which information you'd like to share with Spotify.

After that I'd recommend to log out and back in. 

so i checked everything there and it was already on and alright. i also tried changing my email address to the one that my facebook account has and it seems like the name still can't update on spotify. 

is there anything more i can try? or should i just wait more?

thanks for helping me though!

Hi @user-removed,

Could you log out of all devices first:

Then I'd recommend to perform clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation. Just follow the steps provided in this article

hi, i tried it a few days back and it doesn't work either. i didn't try the clean reinstall because it seams so irrelevant to me because the problem isn't just on one device

Suggested posts