Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

3d Party App Streaming and Monetization Question

Solved!

3d Party App Streaming and Monetization Question

Hello - i plan to make a mobile app that will have original catalog of chill and relax songs. With possibility to log in via Spotify account in to my app, users will be able to stream and create playlists.

The questions are:

1. Are the streams monetized/calculated inside my app ( 3rd party app ) and reflected in the monthly statements in Spotify?

2. Are the 3rd party streams calculated the same as regular streams?

3. If not, what are the differences i should be aware of.

4. Is it possible to create playlists in my mobile app and have it created in Spotify as well automatically?

Plan

Premium

Country

World

Device

Mobile App

Operating System

(iOS , Android )

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Nevolla, welcome to the Community!

Nice that you'd like to integrate Spotify in your app! There are a few things to keep in mind before developing an app with streaming functionality. I really recommend reading the Spotify for Developers Terms of Service before developing your app.

All streams get taken into account for the calculation of the total number of streams. The streams from third-party applications are also counted towards the total and are treated as equal.

You can use the API to create a playlist on the authenticated user's account. The playlist will be saved on their account and be accessible on all the devices they're logged in on.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Nevolla, welcome to the Community!

Nice that you'd like to integrate Spotify in your app! There are a few things to keep in mind before developing an app with streaming functionality. I really recommend reading the Spotify for Developers Terms of Service before developing your app.

All streams get taken into account for the calculation of the total number of streams. The streams from third-party applications are also counted towards the total and are treated as equal.

You can use the API to create a playlist on the authenticated user's account. The playlist will be saved on their account and be accessible on all the devices they're logged in on.

If you have any other questions, feel free to give me a shout!

Have a good one,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts