[API] Delete / Remove songs from queue

Highlighted

[API] Delete / Remove songs from queue

Casual Listener

Can we please get an API request the deletes a song in the queue by its index or something like that? Thanks.

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: [API] Delete / Remove songs from queue

Spotify
Spotify

Thanks for the suggestion, @BJDubb! I'll share this with the rest of the team. What are you building with the API?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Im using the api to build a personal app where you can vote on songs to be added to the queue and vote to remove songs.

Thanks

Highlighted

I'm thinking of building an application that allows you to only play only Liked Songs in a playlist.

There's a couple different approaches here, but one approach would be to let the user play a playlist as usual, and then they'd open my app and click "Only play liked songs".

My app would maintain the queue to remove enough songs from "Next Up" and "Next In Queue" so that there are at least N (e.g. 5) contiguous Liked songs coming up.

(Not sure how it would behave if the person doesn't have any liked songs coming up, though.)
Highlighted

Visitor
That would be awesome! Waiting for this endpoint for over half a year now. I've built an app that lets users add songs to the queue via IRC. Since it takes the first result from the search, many times moderators have to manually skip misspelled songs. Lettings users remove their own songs from the queue again would be a great improvement.
SUGGESTED POSTS