Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

API: problem using Spotify Connect device as source after it was used by other account

API: problem using Spotify Connect device as source after it was used by other account

Hi,

I've integrated a Denon AVR with Spotify Connect into my smarthome. I have some problems when this device was last used by another account. To fix that I have to select it as a source from any native app with my account and after that I can use it through the API.

Is there a way to guarantee it will always work even with the API? Is there an API call that I can do before selecting it as a source?

Best regards

Mirko

1 Reply

Hey @mirkospotify, thanks for reaching out!

I might be able to help here. When you connect to a device with the Spotify app, the user account gets tied to the device/player. You'd need to Spotify app to tie a new user account to the device/player. The Spotify app can discover other devices on the network, this is currently not possible with the API.

There's more information about this here under 'Devices not Appearing on Device List': https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/guides/using-connect-web-api/.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope you're having a great day,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts