Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android SDK/Web API endpoint: Recommendation for Similar Artist, Similar Album and Similar Playlist

Android SDK/Web API endpoint: Recommendation for Similar Artist, Similar Album and Similar Playlist

My Question or Issue:

In Spotify, I have found that the recommendation is being updated on the frequent basis for Similar album, similar playlist, similar radio and similar artists.

I am aware of the Content Api interface in the Android SDK which generates the recommendation based on one of the available content type like -

AUTOMOTIVE, DEFAULT, FITNESS, NAVIGATION, SLEEP and WAKE. 

However I am not sure if it could provide me the details which I am looking for.

There is also a Web API endpoint available in the Browse console to get the Recommendations based on the SeedsGet Recommendations Based on Seeds ) However, it takes query parameters for seed_artists, seed_genres, seed_tracks.

I am unaware, on what basis Spotify takes the seed values to generate the recommendations using the API endpoint. Moreover, I am assuming that it would not provide me the recommendations for artists, radios.

I have attached the screenshot for your reference (Highlighted in red color)- 

I am looking for the details mentioned below. I want to retrieve these details from Spotify which would be displayed in the Home screen of my commercial integration application -

• More Like <Playlist Name / Album Name / Artist Name> 
  • Made for <User Name>
  • Recommended for today
  • Recommended Radio
  • For fans of <Artist Name> 

Could someone please let me know how to proceed further to get the recommendation for the above using Android SDK or Spotify Web API endpoints.

Thank you in advance! 

1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
0 Replies

Suggested posts