Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11 Pro

Operating System

iOS 14.4.2

My Question or Issue

Hi, I’m not sure if this is the correct forum to contact but my inquiry is about Spotify’s audio file encoding specifications. I could be wrong, but I believe a remember reading a support article on Spotify for Artists talking about a bunch of the technical specifications on what encoding parameters and formats Spotify accepts when and artist submits their music through their digital distributor or label. 

If I remember, I believe the article mentioned specifically what sample rates do they accept, what bit depth is preferred, what are the codecs that are supported. I feel like that article may have been deleted because the current article now just briefly mentions a couple technical details on Artists for Spotify such as the codecs they accept (FLAC & WAV) and what codecs they transcode it to deliverable format but it stops there. The current article is called: Audio file formats for Spotify.

Can someone explain what’s going on?  I could be completely wrong and maybe there wasn’t an article that technically descriptive but I’m sure I read it before.

Did it get deleted? I would like to know why I can’t find a descriptive article that breaks down all of the technical encoding specifications and guidelines to what audio coding formats Spotify accepts and how to deliver it to the service.

1 Reply

Also, is there a possibility that the descriptive article may have gotten deleted in order to prepare for the launch of Spotify HiFi?  Again, I don’t know for sure, I’m just trying to make any educated guesses. 

Suggested posts