Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot set offset to above 50 for a user's favorite tracks

Solved!

Cannot set offset to above 50 for a user's favorite tracks

Hey,

When i try to use the endpoint GET /v1/me/top/{type} with an offset of above 50, the result sent back from the endpoint is an empty list of 0 tracks.

I am trying to get a User's top 100 songs, and to do so I'm trying to call GET /v1/me/top/tracks?limit=50&offset=0 and then GET /v1/me/top/tracks?limit=50&offset=50. The second call returns an empty list.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MaximusMS, thanks for coming to the Community for help!

I might be able to shed a light here. I did some digging on the 'Get a User's Top Artists and Tracks'-endpoint and it seems that the API is only able to return the user's top 50. From the Web API reference: 'For each time range, the top 50 tracks and artists are available for each user. In the future, it is likely that this restriction will be relaxed. This data is typically updated once each day for each user.'

If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy coding,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @MaximusMS, thanks for coming to the Community for help!

I might be able to shed a light here. I did some digging on the 'Get a User's Top Artists and Tracks'-endpoint and it seems that the API is only able to return the user's top 50. From the Web API reference: 'For each time range, the top 50 tracks and artists are available for each user. In the future, it is likely that this restriction will be relaxed. This data is typically updated once each day for each user.'

If this is something you'd like to see, I recommend creating a new idea on the Ideas board. That way, Spotify can keep track of it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy coding,

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts