Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Clarification on using audio preview clips in short-form content videos

Solved!

Clarification on using audio preview clips in short-form content videos

Hello Spotify for Developers Community,

I am currently working on an application that generates short-form content videos featuring audio preview clips from Spotify, along with the song title, artist, album/song cover, and a Spotify code that links to the song on the Spotify platform.

I have reviewed the Spotify Developer Policy and compliance tips, but could not find explicit information regarding the permissibility of using audio preview clips in this specific context. The policy states that audio preview clips cannot be offered as a standalone service or product, and that any use of Spotify Content should clearly attribute Spotify as the source. Additionally, metadata and cover art may only be used in connection with the underlying content, and there shall be no playback of Spotify Content without showing relevant cover art and metadata in the application.

My application aims to comply with all applicable guidelines and restrictions to avoid any potential legal issues or account suspensions. Therefore, I would appreciate guidance from the community or the Spotify Developer Team on whether the proposed use case is acceptable under the Spotify Developer Policy.

To give you a better understanding of my concept, I have attached an image of the initial UX design for one potential short-form content video generated for the song "Rockstar" by Blue Stahli. Please note that this is just a concept and is not the final product. The final design will be optimized to match Spotify's style guidelines.

If any additional information or clarification is needed, please let me know. I am looking forward to your insights and advice on this matter.

Thank you for your time and assistance 🙂

cheers

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There are one or two points in the Developer Policy that doesn't allow the use of Spotify content in combination with video content:

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

There are one or two points in the Developer Policy that doesn't allow the use of Spotify content in combination with video content:

Suggested posts