Free

Country

India

Device

Pixel 4

Operating System

Android Pie

Design Guideline:

Below Design guideline is provided on - https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/general/design-and-branding/

In Spotify Free, for on-demand playback and shuffle play - you have to support two types of layouts for track lists when showing a playlist/album entity:

• For on-demand playback, the user will be able to see and play all tracks in the playlist/album.
  • For shuffle play the user will only be able to see a content summary of the playlist/album and then start shuffle playback. The user can’t pick a particular song to play, it will start playback in shuffle.

My Question:

I am building an application integration which fetches the JSON from the below Web API endpoints.

and updates the Album / Playlist layout in my android application. Now, Spotify design guideline suggests the use of two types of layouts for track lists when showing a playlist/album entity.

How can we identify whether a selected Album / Playlist in Spotify will contain Shuffle Play or On Demand play ? 

Could someone please help to understand this. I am new to the Spotify application and development.

0 Replies

Suggested posts