Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Eleven Table Tennis: Spotify Integration

Solved!

Eleven Table Tennis: Spotify Integration

Hello,

I am the developer behind Eleven Table Tennis. It is a virtual reality table tennis simulator. Many of my users have requested spotify integration in our game. Is this possible, and if so, what are the next steps?

-Roman

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Sorry for the late reply! You can find the form to request permission for a commercial integration when you click: "Create An App" on the Developer Dashboard and then you'll find a link at: "I understand that I will need permission from Spotify before using this app in a commercial project" which points you to the right form.

Hubo_0-1613492051465.jpeg

Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a good one,
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi,

I have a vr project that I would also like to integrate with Spotify.

Here's what I've found:

There is an Android SDK that might work on the Oculus Quest platform, since it is just Android. But the SDK only remotely controls the Spotify app and doesn't directly play music itself, and I don't think you can get the Spotify app on Oculus Quest, so it's not really an option.

There is an older deprecated streaming SDK for Android that has all of the functionality you'd need to play music yourself in your own app. But that SDK is no longer officially offered.

Also, you'd need permission from Spotify to use either SDK for commercial purposes, which I understand to mean in any released app. I haven't tried submitting an application but based on this forum's posts, people have not heard back for months.

For PC, I know there used to be libspotify, but I don't believe there is any current option.

This issue isn't the technical question of whether it's possible...but how to allow it legally speaking. We'd need to have a chat with Spotify business team...but have no idea how to reach them. 

Hey Carrotstein, I don't have anything else to add other than Spotify integration would be the literal best addition to this game
Marked as solution

Hey there,

Sorry for the late reply! You can find the form to request permission for a commercial integration when you click: "Create An App" on the Developer Dashboard and then you'll find a link at: "I understand that I will need permission from Spotify before using this app in a commercial project" which points you to the right form.

Hubo_0-1613492051465.jpeg

Let me know how you get on! 🙂

Have a good one,
Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I too would like to enquire about using the Spotify API within a game to play a players playlist while they ae playing the game. The above solution refers to a link to ask for permission but I do not see this when I create a new app:

Stellarat_0-1632255438683.png

When I look at the Developer Games of Service I see this:

2. Do not create a game, including trivia quizzes.

Can I ask whether this applies only to paid for games? Is it all types of games? What about visualisers? What if the visualiser is interactive? What is Spotify's definition of a game? 

Is it still possible to ask for permission, if so what is the link for this?

Suggested posts