Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Episode uri not supported /player/play

Episode uri not supported /player/play

Currently, there is no other way to start the playback of a podcast other than using the /me/player/play and the podcast's show context uri. However, this always starts the podcast on its first episode. It is not possible to play a specific episode by its episode context uri. 

Currently, my workaround is to create a playlist to which today's episodes are added to and playing that playlist. 

6 Replies

Hey @Watermarkhu, help's here!

Hmm, let's see how we can solve that! Could you try to play the episode with the URI parameter? There's some more information on how to use that here: https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/player/start-a-users-playback/. Let me know if that works! 🙂

Have a good one and happy coding! 🙂

Hubo

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

That is not possible.

According to the API:  "Valid contexts are albums, artists, playlists.". However, show contexts does seem to be supported. However, requesting a show via its show: context uri does not lead to a constant result in which episode is played. From what I can't tell, it plays the oldest episode of the show that you haven't yet listened to. 

Episode contexts are not supported. Requesting it via an episode context results in the following error

{
  "error": {
    "status": 400,
    "message": "Non supported context uri"
  }
}

Don't mean to grave dig, but figured it was better than making a duplicate post. Has there been a work around for this? 

Trying to build a simple web app that plays plays podcasts in episode release order.

Crazy to me this feature is not available on desktop. 

Yeah, I'm on the same journey that @alntng

is it still not possible to playback episodes? it would be great if we could 🙏

Please add 'episode' to playable URI types!!

Hey Spotify Team, please add the ability to play Show Episodes through the Player SDK / Web API.

Using spotify:episode:[id] URI results with a (400) Non supported context uri response.

Suggested posts