Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Feature Request] Allow playlist collaborators to add tracks to playlists they don't own

[Feature Request] Allow playlist collaborators to add tracks to playlists they don't own

Currently, the /playlists/{playlist_id}/tracks endpoint returns a 403 when attempts to add tracks to playlists the currently authenticated user does not own are made. With the recent changes to how playlist access is granted, I think the endpoint should also support adding tracks to playlists the user has collaboration access to.

I already posted this as an idea, but this board may be a better place for this since the other post was pretty quickly recategorized as a help topic for some reason.

2 Replies

I really want this, too. I just wrote a bot to add all Spotify links posted to a private group chat to be added to a mutual playlist. It was only when I first tried it in a group setting instead of on my own that I discovered this restriction. Now, as a workaround I will make the bot add the songs as the owner of the list. But actually, I consider it part of the experience that users can see in the playlist who added which song instead of everything coming from the same person.

I wrote Shellify, a CLI tool for Spotify and ran into the same issue. Specifically wrote it with collaborative playlists in mind, too. Hate that I had to make this commit. lol

Suggested posts