Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• manofnibiru
  • Regular
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes

Legal questions regarding Spotify API

We are currently developing an app which uses Spotify API. What we are trying to achieve is a website/app which allows people to create an individual account and link it with their Spotify account. We use consents for currently playing tracks, recent...

• Visitor
  •   We are currently developing an app which uses Spotify API. What we are trying to achieve is a website/app which allows people to create an individual account and link it with their Spotify ac...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • legal
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to integrate Spotify in my Wurlitzer jukebox application on Windows?

PlanFree/PremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 7, 8, 10 My Question or IssueI want to use the Spotify API to load music into my Jukebox that runs on Windows. What is the best way to authenticate the user to be able to get his...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 7, 8, 10   My Question or Issue I want to use the Spotify API to load music into my Jukebox that run...
  • araap
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Explanation about audio analysis timbre functions

Hi, I have read the documentation of your API, and feel your timbre feel on your audio analysis very interesting. I have searched for information on the internet about an explanation of the interpretation of the 12 basis functions and do not found an...

• Hi,   I have read the documentation of your API, and feel your timbre feel on your audio analysis very interesting. I have searched for information on the internet about an explanation of the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes
  • API reference
  • 0 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Scopes not listed are listed to user in authentication login

In my application code, the only scope listed for oAuth is 'user-top-read', yet when users log in through my page it also lists that it may take their name, email, username, etc.

• In my application code, the only scope listed for oAuth is 'user-top-read', yet when users log in through my page it also lists that it may take their name, email, username, etc.     &nb...
  • murraypaul
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    development
    OAuth
    scopes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"Discovered On" playlists api endpoint

Hi there, I'm a developer trying to get the endpoint for a list of playlists found on the desktop app under artists. It shows the playlist titled "Discovered On"

• Visitor
  • Hi there,   I'm a developer trying to get the endpoint for a list of playlists found on the desktop app under artists. It shows the playlist titled "Discovered On"
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    endpoint
    Playlists
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Get Users followed Users

Plan: PremiumCountry: USA Device: Macbook Air 2017Operating System: macOS I am working with the Web API and I am wanting to get all of the users a given user is following. I see that currently the API only supports getting all artists a user follows,...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: USA   Device: Macbook Air 2017 Operating System: macOS   I am working with the Web API and I am wanting to get all of the users a given user is following. I see...
  • snek_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Discussion
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

How to get written permission to use Spotify for a commercial App?

Hello, I'm developing a music trivia game (for commercial use). According to this website (https://developer.spotify.com/legal/general-restrictions/), I need to get a written permission/approval. Could you please tell me what are the steps? Much appr...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I'm developing a music trivia game (for commercial use). According to this website (https://developer.spotify.com/legal/general-restrictions/), I need to get a written permission/appr...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • api
    approval
    Commercial
    game
    music
    Permission
    Trivia
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify Spoticon Potential Issue

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueDon't really know which board to post this to but hopefully this one is okay. I was looking through the spoticon font file (specifically: https://open.scdn.co/c...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Don't really know which board to post this to but hopefully this one is okay. &nbsp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • font
    Spoticon
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Authentication without redirects

Good Afternoon,I am creating control modules for our AV automation systems. These modules will run on AMX, Crestron, Extron etc... The Authentication method is quite simple but relies on redirects and webpage rendering which is not supported on these...

• Casual Listener
  • Good Afternoon, I am creating control modules for our AV automation systems. These modules will run on AMX, Crestron, Extron etc... The Authentication method is quite simple but relies on redirects ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Developer] API support for Spotify Ad Studio

Working at an analytics firm and it would be really convenient to streamline gathering data from our ad campaigns using an API

• Visitor
  • Working at an analytics firm and it would be really convenient to streamline gathering data from our ad campaigns using an API
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Connection Errors on Initializing Spotify on iOS.

I have been struggling with implementing the Spotify iOS SDK in a simple music player app I’m working on with the intention of learning more about the streaming platform’s API. My app’s features are storyboard-based and have simple functionality (i.e...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been struggling with implementing the Spotify iOS SDK in a simple music player app I’m working on with the intention of learning more about the streaming platform’s API. My app’s features are ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[All Platforms][Developer] Add Session Privacy Flag to "currently-playing" API endpoint

It does not appear that session privacy details are included in the "/v1/me/player/currently-playing" endpoint. As I would like to use this endpoint to implement a "What are users listening to" feature on an online community website, I would very muc...

• Casual Listener
  • ...eature on an online community website, I would very much like to respect the privacy of my users and not publicly show details about tracks that are being listened to during a private listening session i...
  • murui
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • All Platforms
    Developer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Quizzes / Games using the API

Last year I made a prototype for a social music quiz that used the Spotify API. Specifically, it uses the song search, and 30s preview playback features. I'd like to pick the project back up, but noticed there's a restriction about using the API spec...

• Last year I made a prototype for a social music quiz that used the Spotify API. Specifically, it uses the song search, and 30s preview playback features.   I'd like to pick the project back up...
  • joachimbulow
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

scope parameter should not be optional

Hi, I am trying to use the Oauth2 / OIDC authentication provided by spotify. According to OpenID Connect documentation, the parameter scope is not optional, but required. I am using a quarkus extension who passes "oidc" as value to this parameter (as...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,        I am trying to use the Oauth2 / OIDC authentication provided by spotify. According to OpenID Connect documentation, the parameter scope is not optional, but required....
  • ktuli44
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

URI Isn't Working For My App

Plan : FreeDevice: Macbook ProOperating SystemLatest IOS Issue/Question:I am trying to create an app that takes a text file with song and artist names on different lines and creates a playlist with each song in it. I am coding this in python and the ...

• Visitor
  • Plan : Free Device: Macbook Pro Operating System Latest IOS   Issue/Question: I am trying to create an app that takes a text file with song and artist names on different lines and cre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to obtain a spotify_appkey.key

HiI want to use multi room audio player softwarewith spotify playlists.https://multiroomaudioplayer.com/en/It requires a file "spotify_appkey.key" to be authorized.How can i obtain this file ? Thanks.

• Visitor
  • Hi I want to use multi room audio player software with spotify playlists. https://multiroomaudioplayer.com/en/ It requires a file "spotify_appkey.key" to be authorized. How can i obtain this fil...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

App authorization

Does anyone know how to apply to get app authorization and then how to use it to authenticate? My app needs to be able to download the names of songs when a user gives me a shared playlist url/link. Since the shared playlist link is public, I really ...

• Visitor
  • ...rl/link.  Since the shared playlist link is public, I really want to avoid asking the user to oauth login using their spotify credentials.  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App authorization
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search API for unreleased albums

Hey there, I was seeing a website which shows the title of the track and artists just by the upc/isrc codes and it works with unreleased songs. I was wondering if that was made using the Spotify API as wenn I'm trying to use the Search API all I get ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there,   I was seeing a website which shows the title of the track and artists just by the upc/isrc codes and it works with unreleased songs. I was wondering if that was made using the Spo...
  • nmgglobal
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API doesn't update Follower Count

Hi I checked my artist on the Spotify Console and with the Desktop it doesn't update the follower count when I follow it. I checked the popularity index it's currently at 16. I made a test and followed a local band, that doesn't get many followers pe...

• Hi I checked my artist on the Spotify Console and with the Desktop it doesn't update the follower count when I follow it. I checked the popularity index it's currently at 16. I made a test and follow...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • api
    Console
    follower
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Possible security bug in the web api auth example from gitbub

I've cloned the code from: https://github.com/spotify/web-api-auth-examples and possibly found some security bug - but please correct me and explain why I'm wrong if that is the case. State is set in /login route to var state = generateRandomString(1...

• Music Fan
  • I've cloned the code from: https://github.com/spotify/web-api-auth-examples and possibly found some security bug - but please correct me and explain why I'm wrong if that is the case.   St...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Security
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes