Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Web / Windows APP / Linux App

Operating System

Windows / Linux

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have a free python package(https://github.com/nikolas-virionis/spotify-api) that, basically, clusters tracks from an extensive playlist into smaller ones (it does other stuff too, but that's the big point of it)
About two weeks ago it was perfectly fine, but now, apparently, the endpoint to get all user's playlists on the Spotify API (api.spotify.com/v1/me/playlists) only returns the public ones, which is not ideal, since people may not want others to have to know their playlists to be able to use the API
This issue appeared within the last 15 days or so, as of October 29th, 2022 7:30 PM UTC
I tried different things but the only try that made the endpoint return some playlist was to make it public
I wonder if this is a bug or an actual change in the "business rule" regarding that endpoint
Regardless of which one it was, I think it really makes a lot more sense for it to actually return all the playlists
One worry about making it return all could be that then if someone else called the endpoint as me, it would be an issue, and it's true, however, the endpoint already blocks one to call it for someone else, invalidating this concern

Anyways, I appreciate the help

1 Reply

Are you using the "playlist-read-private" scope?

Suggested posts