Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify for Developers

Discuss building apps with Spotify APIs and SDKs

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Important: App review and quota extension waiting times

The Spotify for developers platform helps many bring their ideas to life. Whether it's a short term app helping an artist’s release or something more long term - there is always a chance of success. Things start to grow and then you might also need w...

• manofnibiru
  • Regular
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 117 replies
  • 18 likes

Delete or deactivate oauth token

Hi, I am starting to learn API and testing it out with Spotify. I ran across a thing I have not found the answer for anywhere. How can I delete or deactivate a token?E.g. I have generated a token in the Web API console using the GET TOKEN button on p...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am starting to learn API and testing it out with Spotify. I ran across a thing I have not found the answer for anywhere.   How can I delete or deactivate a token? E.g. I have...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    token
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist API returns different tracks to those shown on the desktop app

When I make a request for the tracks in a playlist at /playlists/${playlistId}/tracks some of the tracks it returns are slightly different versions to what my desktop client is showing, particularly for albums such as spotify:album:2gP2LMVcIFgVczSJqn...

• Casual Listener
  • When I make a request for the tracks in a playlist at       /playlists/${playlistId}/tracks       some of the tracks it returns are slightly different versions ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! no code in response - authorize request

PlanFreeCountryCZDeviceChrome, Firefox, PHPOperating SystemFedora Linux My Question or IssueHi,I'm sending a request to Spotify to authorize. The goal is a response with user e-mail. It goes to Spotify login, I log through Facebook, it shows INVALID_...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country CZ Device Chrome, Firefox, PHP Operating System Fedora Linux     My Question or Issue Hi, I'm sending a request to Spotify to authorize. The goal is a response...
  • vaclav20210
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to add spotify on website through plugin?

Hello Spotify community, I have review blog about soccer boots. This blog is developed with WordPress CMS, I want embed Spotify with my blog. How I can do this with some plugin.?If someone can help me out with this, I will be greatful.ThanksJohnn

• Visitor
  • Hello Spotify community, I have review blog about soccer boots. This blog is developed with WordPress CMS, I want embed Spotify with my blog. How I can do this with some plugin.? If someone can...
  • gvenk
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Discussion
    Web Development
    wordpress
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't run Web playback sdk promise rejection

Hi, I decided to give the web playback sdk a try.I pasted the code provided herehttps://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/I added my token. When I open the html in chrome during the loading I get (promise rejection)Afte...

vladimir9307_1-1617881805943.png
  • Hi, I decided to give the web playback sdk a try. I pasted the code provided here https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/ I added my token.  When I open the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Typo in Web API documentation

The documentation for AlbumObject says that its artists porperty is an array of ArtistObject which doesn't match with the object returned by the API. The artists property of the AlbumObject returned by the API is actually a SimplifiedArtistObject.Lin...

• Regular
  • The documentation for AlbumObject says that its artists porperty is an array of ArtistObject which doesn't match with the object returned by the API. The artists property of the AlbumObject returned ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • API reference
    Documentation Change
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Is there a way to get an AccessToken wihout using an Userinterface?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI am trying to write a program that automatically updates me when there is an update at certain artists. My problem now is I can't seem to find a way to get an access tok...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Pc Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I am trying to write a program that automatically updates me when there is an update at certai...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify API preview url returns null

PlanFreeGermany DeviceAPI Hello there, We are using & testing Spotify API to integrate with our application. While we are accessing the API, almost 50% of the songs/tracks have preview_url null. We tested with the market as well. For example, if I te...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Germany   Device API   Hello there,   We are using & testing Spotify API to integrate with our application. While we are accessing the API, almost 50% of the son...
  • sanjeevtt
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify Play a specific song

My Question or IssueHey, so I'm building a smart Voice Assistant for myself (like Alexa or Google Home) and those assistants have the possibility to play and pause a playing song and to play a specific song with just the name of it (something like pl...

• Music Fan
  • My Question or Issue Hey, so I'm building a smart Voice Assistant for myself (like Alexa or Google Home) and those assistants have the possibility to play and pause a playing song and to play a spec...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    pause
    Play
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Developer Day at Spotify, March 25th

We’re thrilled to invite you all to our virtual event: Developer Day at Spotify on March 25th. Developer Day at Spotify is a three-hour online event for all developers interested in Spotify’s open developer platform. You will meet the Spotify develop...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • We’re thrilled to invite you all to our virtual event: Developer Day at Spotify on March 25th.   Developer Day at Spotify is a three-hour online event for all developers interested in Spoti...
  • RoguePlanetoid
  • Roadie
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes
  • announcement
  • 18 replies
  • 8 likes

[Bug] web api : Image returned is not really a square image

My Question or IssueIssue found on Apr 24th 2020.Endpoint(s):GET /v1/artists/7heucQ89tyr0QHnwB4QO4jScope(s):None (application is not using authentication)Steps to reproduce:Open terminalrun command :curl -X "GET" "https://api.spotify.com/v1/artists/7...

6456bbf9ddfb47b9ea40d1206d208013aa84d372.jpeg
  • Casual Listener
  • My Question or Issue Issue found on Apr 24th 2020. Endpoint(s): GET /v1/artists/7heucQ89tyr0QHnwB4QO4j Scope(s): None (application is not using authentication) Steps to reproduce: Open te...
  • tobikabla
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Issue with Redirect URL when using react app + node on Heroku

I'm developing an app using the Spotify API with a React from end running on localhost:3000 and a node back end running on localhost:8888. The back end takes care of the authentication, where my redirect url is localhost:8888/callback. This is fine i...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm developing an app using the Spotify API with a React from end running on localhost:3000 and a node back end running on localhost:8888.  The back end takes care of the authentication, where m...
  • tobikabla
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Developer
    heroku
    Node
    React
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Get Information About The User's Current Playback returns song from another inactive devices

I have 2 laptops, here is the situation:At laptop 1, I open "Song 1", then I turn my laptop to sleep modeAt laptop 2, I open "Song 2" or "Song 3"Then I tested the https://developer.spotify.com/console/get-user-player/ it's doing fineAt some points, I...

• Regular
  • I have 2 laptops, here is the situation: At laptop 1, I open "Song 1", then I turn my laptop to sleep mode At laptop 2, I open "Song 2" or "Song 3" Then I tested the https://developer.spotif...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Discussion
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify PKCE Auth Invalid Client Secret

PlanPremiumCountryCanada DeviceChrome. Macbook Pro 2013Operating SystemMac OS X Catalina My Question or Issue I am trying to set up my web application to use the Proof Key for Code Exchange. However, when I try try to get the access_token by doing a ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada   Device Chrome. Macbook Pro 2013 Operating System Mac OS X Catalina   My Question or Issue   I am trying to set up my web application to use th...
  • tobikabla
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

I Need Help - Does this violate Spotify's developer terms and service?

Hello, I would like to create a non-commercial web application using the Spotify api. However I don't know if what I would like to do violates the Spotify developer terms of service. I would like to make an application where users can login via Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I would like to create a non-commercial web application using the Spotify api. However I don't know if what I would like to do violates the Spotify developer terms of service.   I would...
  • Jeremymolette
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • api
    Developer
    Developer Terms of Service
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chrome extension page update listener html5

Code:window.addEventListener('yt-page-data-updated' || *spotify page data updated*, function () { console.log("url changed") setTimeout(function(){ if(!document.getElementById("play-extension-ytbtn") || !document.getElementById("play-extension-btn"))...

• Visitor
  • Code: window.addEventListener('yt-page-data-updated' || *spotify page data updated*, function () { console.log("url changed") setTimeout(function(){ if(!document.getElementById("p...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Embedding Spotify players in iOS app

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Echoes: Music Stats & New Discovery App

Hi folks, We’ve been developing a non-commercial web app using Web API and Web Playback SDK. Echoes is launched today and live (https://echoesapp.io) Wondering how we can submit it to Developer Showcase. Any guidance would be great. Of course, if you...

• Hi folks,   We’ve been developing a non-commercial web app using Web API and Web Playback SDK. Echoes is launched today and live (https://echoesapp.io)   Wondering how we can submit it ...
  • yulafezmesi
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

I made a simple organizing tool for playlists

Hey, I made an open-source organizing tool for Spotify. It allows you to sort existing playlists or create new ones. When creating, you have an option to merge or split the playlists. It also removes any track duplicates.The app is available at https...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey, I made an open-source organizing tool for Spotify. It allows you to sort existing playlists or create new ones. When creating, you have an option to merge or split the playlists. It also removes...
  • tomFijalkowski
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Open-source
    Organizer
    Web Development
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

dividers?

when making playlists for friends or for myself i get into the issues of adding to many different types of music genres that's why the ability to add divider in between tracks could help organizes my playlists and could also improve the listening exp...

• Visitor
  • when making playlists for friends or for myself i get into the issues of adding to many different types of music genres that's why the ability to add divider in between tracks could help organizes my...
  • z_shan
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes