Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Implementing a Spotify player without opening the Spotify app

Implementing a Spotify player without opening the Spotify app

Hello fellow developers,

I am currently working on a NextJS web app that uses "spotify-web-api-node" package to make use of several Spotify API endpoints. One of the required features is to implement a Spotify player where songs are fetched automatically and played to the user. I was successful in implementing the said functionality, but the overall experience is hindered by the fact that Spotify requires an active instance of its official app in order for the playback features to work on the user's web app. In case the Spotify app is not active, the user would get a "No Active Device Found" error referenced below.

Is there any other way of implementing the aforementioned playback functionality without having to open a separate Spotify app and to have the music played from the web app instead?

Thank you for your time,

PS: the app I am developing will not be used commercially I am just doing it to learn and have some fun, thanks.

Error reference: 

Unhandled Runtime Error

WebapiPlayerError: An error occurred while communicating with Spotify's Web API. Details: Player command failed: No active device found NO_ACTIVE_DEVICE.

0 Replies

Suggested posts