Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only showing preview

Only showing preview

I'm messing with the embed feature and putting it in a basic HTML file, and it's only playing the preview with the option to play it on Spotify. I haven't modified the code at all. Is there a way to play the full song or is embedded restricted to the preview? Thank you!

Plan

Not connected to my Spotify account. 

Device

Computer

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

11 Replies

Yes, embedded tracks are restricted to the preview.

edit: I didn't have Premium at this time.

_

What is the correct way to display a playlist/track/etc. on a website then? Surely there must be a way for premium users to seamlessly begin playing on their active speaker. While I could probably develop something from scratch with the API, this seems like something that should be an ootb solution.
Is it a permissions issue in Edge and Firefox?

Any update on this issue? I'm hoping to add embeds to my website and would like Spotify premium users to be able to play from the website without having to open Spotify. Is this possible? If not w/ the embed how would one build a custom solution?

it seems if your logged into the spotify web player that you can listen to the full song

What gives here?? There has to be a way to access full songs while embedded. This is **bleep**

Has anyone found a way to play an embedded song without preview showing? Surely this is possible. 

It only works on desktop when a user that has a Spotify Premium subscription is logged into the browser.

And make sure you're not in incognito/private browsing session...

Spotify embed w/out preview - Solved <-- This w/free account and Firefox.

Pull up your Spotify embed w/preview on your website.

Next:

Left click anywhere on the embed and choose

"This Frame"
                "view frame info"

Then:

Goto "Permissions"
                           "Set cookies" = "Allow"

Close and refresh you embed, the preview should be gone now, providing you are logged into Spotify.

Can you do this with Chrome?

Suggested posts