Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

VIEW ALL

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

VIEW ALL

Search endpoint bug

Solved!

Search endpoint bug

I was trying to use search endpoint("https://api.spotify.com/v1/search"), but response return empty items. As ex. of response(changed link-title, because system doesn't allow):

"tracks": {
    "": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=remaster%2520track%3ADoxy%2Bartist%3AMiles%2520Davis&type=track&market=ES&locale=en-US%2Cru-RU%3Bq%3D0.8%2Cru%3Bq%3D0.5%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.3&offset=5&limit=10",
    "items": [],
    "limit": 10,
    "next": null,
    "offset": 5,
    "previous": "https://api.spotify.com/v1/search?query=remaster%2520track%3ADoxy%2Bartist%3AMiles%2520Davis&type=track&market=ES&locale=en-US%2Cru-RU%3Bq%3D0.8%2Cru%3Bq%3D0.5%2Cen%3Bq%3D0.3&offset=0&limit=10",
    "total": 0
  }

 Request has been filled with sample data. Problems started from 9:00 PM(UTC +2).

Maybe there some restrictions? But the other requests passed and response is correct.

Reply

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I came searching over a similar problem, different query, and believe I have the solution. I noticed you're likely double url-encoding your query(you have a %2520 which happens when you double encode a space, first to %20, then to %2520. I double checked my query and I had the opposite problem, I had left out a space. Fixing that, it works. I tested your query out as well. It fails as given but replacing the %2520 with %20, works.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

are you using client credentials or OAuth token?

I find that when I use client credentials, I often get the same result you're getting but when I'm using OAuth it seems to work just fine. This isn't fix. It's still problem if your trying to run server side automation. 

Marked as solution

I came searching over a similar problem, different query, and believe I have the solution. I noticed you're likely double url-encoding your query(you have a %2520 which happens when you double encode a space, first to %20, then to %2520. I double checked my query and I had the opposite problem, I had left out a space. Fixing that, it works. I tested your query out as well. It fails as given but replacing the %2520 with %20, works.

Yeah, u was right! I dunno why, but there's a mistake at "fill sample data" button. Thx to u!!

Suggested posts