Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SpotifyApi.NetCore - Spotify Web API Wrapper for .NET Core

SpotifyApi.NetCore - Spotify Web API Wrapper for .NET Core

Hi there, Just letting you know that there is a new .NET Core wrapper library for Spotify Web API: SpotifyApi.NetCore. The library is open source and licensed under MIT. If you are writing C# or .NET or Blazor apps you should check it out: https://github.com/Ringobot/SpotifyApi.NetCore

Note this is a community library, not written or supported by Spotify. We welcome your issues, feature requests and pull requests 😎

7 Replies

Always good to see more work using the Spotify API, I also have my own Spotify SDK for .NET. It's interesting to see a totally different approach take here including the bring your own HttpClient etc, getting more .NET developers using the Spotify API - even if it's not through my own library is always a good thing to see in my opinion!

Hey RoguePlanetoid, which library is yours? Keen to learn more -D

Sure, mine is available at https://github.com/RoguePlanetoid/Spotify-NetStandard/ and has been available for around a couple of years now, originally was a port of the Groove Music SDK so wasn't really planned out as it is now from the beginning and there's only a few traces of that in the current version as it's been re-written and changed many times since! I try to keep it up to date and am still adding things to this day, but good to see another approach as it means all the SDKs out there are different so can use the one that makes sense to you!

Nice! Wish I had seen that a couple of years ago 😂 I agree, good to have different approaches - I like your `SpotifyClient` - I can see how that would suit some use cases better than my class per endpoint family approach. Makes your auth story is really slick as well. Great work 👏
Have you asked Spotify to list your library on the libraries page?

I worked for years with the Groove / Xbox Music SDK from Microsoft - the auth flows they came up with are pretty much all I have left of their original SDK so can't take all the credit for that one but before that had my own Zune API / Card Service SDK for their Zune Social service which had no other SDK. I've not thought about adding my library but might think about it now.

Is good to see other libraries like yours and also see other features added, was looking forward to the Podcast stuff when that was added and am waiting for them to add the categories for those to make Podcast discovery as good as the Music one. The PKCE was the first flow type I've added since I started the SDK a couple of years ago, that was quite an interesting one to figure out and was quite straightforward in the end!

Great to see other .NET developers do something with Spotify as a Groove Music developer I worked with their service and had some quite ambitious plans using that one until it was shut down and I came across to Spotify and there's so much for developers like us to use there, is very well documented - just have to watch out for changes! But glad to see the investment Spotify is putting into the service, I'd love them to add things like the Artist Bios and Music Playback as those are things I'd like to use again but anything that's added is always a welcome addition!

Bring back Zune! ❤

Zune was great but glad to see I can do my bit for Spotify instead. If interested here's the application I wrote for Zune, ZuneCardr, warning bad code alert as was new to C# at the time!

Suggested posts