Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Authorize Users with iOS SDK - NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840

Unable to Authorize Users with iOS SDK - NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840

My Question or Issue

I am using one of the earliest version of the Spotify iOS SDK that doesn't use the app remote calls. Most recently, my app users are no longer able to be authorized. Once their session and token are expired and an attempt to renew the token fails, I create a SPTAuth instance and attempt to create a login URL to enable them to login with the following code. 

NSURL *loginURL = [SPTAuth loginURLForClientId:kClientId

withRedirectURL:[NSURL URLWithString:kCallbackURL]  scopes:@[SPTAuthStreamingScope, SPTAuthPlaylistModifyPrivateScope, SPTAuthPlaylistModifyPublicScope, SPTAuthUserLibraryReadScope, SPTAuthUserLibraryModifyScope, SPTAuthUserReadPrivateScope]

responseType:@"code"];

Once making this call to create the loginURL, I receive a callback in my app delegate:

-(BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application

openURL:(NSURL *)url

options:

I then process this callback by calling my token swap service on my server to get a logged in session with the following code:

SPTAuth *auth = [SPTAuth defaultInstance];

auth.tokenSwapURL = [NSURL URLWithString:kTokenSwapURL];

[auth handleAuthCallbackWithTriggeredAuthURL:url callback:^(NSError *error, 

SPTSession *session) {

if (error) {

NSLog(@"Error: %@", error);

}

}

I receive an error as follows:

Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 2, column 1." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=JSON text did not start with array or object and option to allow fragments not set. around line 2, column 1., NSJSONSerializationErrorIndex=2}

What does this error mean?

What might be causing this to suddenly fail? No change has occurred on my end in over a year, yet I and my users are suddenly failing to be authorized.

0 Replies

Suggested posts