Unable to add users on dashboard

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Mac

My Question or Issue

I am unable to add new users to my recently created app. I see no prompt or button to do so. I continue to get a 403 error whenever I try access my app from another account. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I am not using an ad blocker. I was able to log on in Safari and saw the "USERS AND ACCESS" button, but on Chrome the issue persists. I can now add users which fixes my problem, but there are probably other users who are still seeing the old version of the page.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm having the same problem

Hi 

I'm not sure I follow the issue here - if your app is new it will be in Development Mode. When in development mode you can click the "USERS AND ACCESS" button in the top right corner to add users. Note that you'll need to add the email address that is attached to their Spotify account.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 09.28.34.png

Are you by any chance using an adblocker? If so, this might cause issues in the developer dashboard. Please try disabling any ad or cookie blockers in case you don't see the users and access button as seen on the image I posted above.

I created this new test application, disabled ad blocker and the button still didn't appear, I also tested it on different browsers. Then I tried to access the dashboard  through my phone and the options appeared!

photo5051133341599901997.jpg

Screenshot 2021-06-10 at 10-33-13 My Dashboard Spotify for Developers.png

Thanks for the help!

Marked as solution

I am not using an ad blocker. I was able to log on in Safari and saw the "USERS AND ACCESS" button, but on Chrome the issue persists. I can now add users which fixes my problem, but there are probably other users who are still seeing the old version of the page.

You can try deleting your browser's cache to see if it solves the issue.

Is there any way to add users to our app without manually.

I also need API access to add users.  This is for an app that creates playlists for them, and having to manually add a user is not a viable solution.  

Is there no way to add them programmatically ?   Without this ability apps are basically useless.

Adding users to the dashboard is for testing purposes only.

To make your app available, you should request a quota extension.

Suggested posts