Announcements

Unity

Highlighted

Unity

Regular

My goal to setup a play an Audio Stream from Spotify into the Unity Game Engine platform.   Unity has an AudioSource that usually likes url based audio files .wav,.mp3,.. but I don't how to feed Spotify End Point data info into the Audiosource.

Its a free account.

End Points work. Oauth is setup correct.

Catagories, Playlists, Tracks data in json format works fine.

I was hoping that somewhere in the Track data  - I could could grab a URL and feed it into the AudioSource.   Maybe it is not that simple.

Herb Rush

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unity

Spotify
Spotify
Hi!

Our playback API doesn't provide the audio file to the enduser, so not sure if doing what you want to do would be possible.
Highlighted

Regular

Thanks for getting back to me.

I was hoping for a URL like 

http://www.spotify.com/....../greatsong.mp4

or .wav.   This is easiest possible case for me. 

If that is not how it works can you tell me how it does work. For Example

1) Get Information from Track JSON Object. or where ever

2) do ......

3) Set up the stream

I would guess this is a fairly common question because Spotify is all about music and  any one building on the spotify platform would want to stream  some music (is my guess).

Thanks for your Help.  I am fairly experienced with Unity but new to spotify so the question might come out a bit awkward. Sorry.

one quick question is the music delivered in mp4,wav,.... formats or is it something you unique to spotify???

Herb Rush

Highlighted

Regular

Hi,

I really don't need much detail.  Just a link describing how to track information to setup a stream of music with spotify.  Just a rough description would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

Herb Rush

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify
This is a good start documentation for using our playback api https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-playback-sdk/quick-start/
Highlighted

Regular

Thanks for the reply.  I am not really interested in Spotify Connect or Browsers.

I am interested in using the End Points to interact with the Spotify Music System directly.  So Far I can traverse Catagories, Playlist & Tracks.   I can even take the Audio Preview Field in the Track Object (see attached) and play the preview music within Unity.    I would like to play the entire song but I do not see a String URL that provides me with that sort of access.   It must be there somewhere.

Herb Rush

preview.PNG
Highlighted

Regular

I am a bit surprised with the lack of a response to the question of "how to setup a stream using the endpoints?".

It would seem to me that any 3rd party application would want to be able to stream stuff from Spotify.

Some of the answers that I was sort of expecting.

1) It cannot be done. 

2) We will tell you but you need to sign this agreement.

3) We use proprietary streaming technology to setup streaming.

4) Here is a document and an example to setup a stream to spotify.

But I have not heard anything to help me setup a stream with spotify using the end points.   I have the Preview_Url streaming but it is only 30 seconds.

Thanks

Herb Rush

SUGGESTED POSTS