Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What could possibly the reason for disabling search/filter and sorting when using Enhance ?

What could possibly the reason for disabling search/filter and sorting when using Enhance ?

So you may not be aware, but when you use the Enhance feature on a playlist or your liked songs, you lose the functionality for researching specific songs and you also can't sort anymore. Because the prompt warning you about it is not present on smartphone (bad design I guess), I thought I had a bug so I contacted chat support, who redirected me after a couple hours of assistance to email support, who then immediately told me it's "expected behavior".

Now this elicits 3 big questions for me:

- If it's supposed to function that way, why did the chat support staff not know about it ? Is spotify really paying people whose scope of expertise is limited to ask me to reinstall and if it doesn't work ask more competent people helping for free on the Community hub ? I mean the bot could do that, it would have saved me time and them money...

- What could possibly be the reason for this to be an "expected behavior"? Why do you have to choose between adding a few suggested songs to your library or be able to do a mere CTRL+F ? Why not both ? If it's a design choice, I just don't get it, and if it's a technical reason...I don't get it either. I was hoping a developper here may have at least a theory

- Why does no one seem to give a damn about this ? People are usually quick to anger on this forum, and yet I only found like a couple posts noticing the disappearance of the Search bar. Is the Enhance feature that unpopular ? Or does no one ever want to listen to a specific song ?

Honestly, I'm not really angry or anything, it's just all so eerie to me that it makes me question my sense of reality lol

0 Replies

Suggested posts